Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Mea culpa (/forums/showthread.php?t=120194)

Splinters From The Pine 03-24-2005 07:15 PM

Mea culpa

Well, If Barry Bonds doesn't play this year, blame me.
Barry does.
"And you, you, you, you and you"...

It's hard to believe, but I think I liked him better when he would just shout "get out of my face" and plop down in his clubhouse...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

Steve_OS 03-24-2005 07:22 PM

Re: Mea culpa

Nice read Shawn. I feel Barry is just at the point of frustration w/ his knee. I should know, since I've had ACL reconstruction on mine, I know how frustrating it can get and how you can be down on yourself and only think about yourself. Barry is without a doubt always thinking of himself, since he plays for my favorite baseball team, I'm of course partial. I hope he comes through the injury ok and I also think when he has calmed down and the injury itself starts to heal, we'll see him before the all-star break. As much as people pile on Barry, I can't help but pull for him. Maybe that is wrong of me, but it's the way I feel.

fossen 03-24-2005 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splinters From The Pine
Like Procrustes, Bonds is being hoisted upon his own petard.

Good lord! Did you get confused, and think that OS stood for "Operation Smart people"?

That one went even over my head.:grin:

But, thanks to you and Wikipedia, I learned something new today.

sdrotar 03-24-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Nice read Shawn. I feel Barry is just at the point of frustration w/ his knee. I should know, since I've had ACL reconstruction on mine, I know how frustrating it can get and how you can be down on yourself and only think about yourself. Barry is without a doubt always thinking of himself, since he plays for my favorite baseball team, I'm of course partial. I hope he comes through the injury ok and I also think when he has calmed down and the injury itself starts to heal, we'll see him before the all-star break. As much as people pile on Barry, I can't help but pull for him. Maybe that is wrong of me, but it's the way I feel.

You and a lot of people.
Like I said, it's in our nature to want to forgive and explain away what we don't like.

It's not we ever see that one boards here... ;)