Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   ESPN NFL 2K5 ratings analysis. (/forums/showthread.php?t=122963)

JohnDoe8865 04-16-2005 01:40 AM

ESPN NFL 2K5 ratings analysis.

Hey guys, this question is for XRob or anyone else who is working on ESPN rosters for the forseeable future - are you guys looking at the ratings system in ESPN to try and determine, what faults there may be in the default ratings? I have read part of the arguements about the aggresiveness rating, but I also wonder about others like consistency, some of the "read" attributes, and others.

Sega/VC never did a very good job of telling us exactly how each attribute tied directly to player performance - so I thought with no more ESPN in the next 5 years, someone could, if they haven't already, maybe try and evaluate the ratings system in ESPN NFL 2K5 and make some concrete assesments about it for future updates.

I'd be willing to help if I can. With the OL, DL, and CB and S positions needing the most "refinement" IMO.

Thoughts? Answers?

xrob 04-16-2005 02:58 PM

Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 ratings analysis.

I don't know much about how the ratings tie into the game but I post the newest roster ust people can begin experiementing with sliders or updates of there own. I don't do global edit so you don't have to worry about that.

NickChew 04-18-2005 02:10 PM

From what I've tested out on my rosters, aggressiveness and consistency play big roles in gameplay.
I've also looked at the coverage rating. Seems to me that "coverage" is basically how close the DBs/LBs follow the receiver on their route. Thats in man to man coverage, it was tough to tell on any zone coverages though. But aggressiveness affects DB play greatly. Especially in zone.

In my next roster update, I'm going to be taking a look at aggressiveness for the OL and DL play. I thought this needed work after noticing my homeboy Kevin Williams on the Vikes never gets pressure on the QB. Then I took a look at his aggressiveness rating. Rated way lower than the Ted Washingtons or Vince Wilforks type of DTs in the game. The run stoppers are better pass rushers than the usual pass rushing DTs.

Another thing I have edited, and noticed is the pass read coverage for QBs and their composure. Really affects how often the AI QBs will scramble, and how they make their reads on passing plays.

Rickster101 04-18-2005 09:52 PM

This is a pretty interesting thread along with the info posted at your other site this seems to have peaked my interest once again in the NFL 2K5 game.

Hopefully the work I've been seeing in you edits will help ease the transition due to this years lack of a 2K6 game,this looks promising if even for a little while. Will you be continueing this up to the draft and beyond if possible?

Holla Back y'all :y220b::y11:

NickChew 04-19-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickster101
...Will you be continueing this up to the draft and beyond if possible?

No question. I do plan on keeping everything coming along throughout the off season. At what pace I dont really know though. But I want legit, realistic created rookies in the game very much. (and if my Vikes can nab Edwards or Williams I'll be evern more pumped to do it, lol.)

I'll also be keeping up to date on other topics I have going on the gamechewover forums. Custom playbooks/VIPs, player edits, and the usual roster transactions