Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gamespots complete rundown of the commercial (/forums/showthread.php?t=123651)

Feared 04-22-2005 08:09 PM

Re: Gamespots complete rundown of the commercial

Spoiler!!! do not read my post if you want to keep the suspense of the commercial until tomorrow!!

Quote:

The footage opens up with the outside view of a stadium (perhaps Lincoln Financial Field, considering the latter footage in the game) lit up on game night. The camera then cuts to the text "EA Sports Presents," which is followed by a camera shot that sweeps around the inside of the stadium until it finally stops on a tight shot of Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb leading his team out of the tunnel and on to the playing field. The rest of the Eagles follow him out of the tunnel to take to the field. More text follows: "The Next Generation of Madden NFL."

The rest of the clip is all football action, as a virtual referee blows a whistle to get things started. Giants' kicker Jay Feely rushes toward the football to kick off a simulated game, and the next shot shows the ball spinning through the air and directly into the waiting arms of Eagles' safety and special teams man J.R. Reed, who is promptly laid out by a stalking member of the Giants' special teams squad. A slick-looking injury graphic immediately follows the hit, showing a close-up view of a torn tendon (or the like). Then, an immediate diagnosis on the player's condition and the amount of time he is expected to miss is given.

Following this, we get an idea of how play-calling may be handled in Madden Next Gen. A left-hand vertical menu screen is shown, notating specific plays in the playbook. As the list is scrolled through, each play pops up in a smaller subwindow that demonstrates how each play looks on the field. Next, the words "sack cam" appear on a scoreboard, and we see a punishing tackle that ends with the player hitting the turf from a worm's-eye view. Then the ground shakes as a result of the impact. More play-calling screens follow, this time with an over-the-shoulder shot of an Eagles coach calling a play out to McNabb before he takes to the field.

With the play called, it's time for McNabb to take his spot behind the center so he can make a play or two. As McNabb walks up to the line, checking his progressions as he goes, we notice a sack-hungry Michael Strahan in the corner of the screen, waving an oh-no-you-won't finger in McNabb's direction. The camera then cuts to a close-up of Strahan's face as he twists it up in an intense snarl. The level of detail in the facial muscles is perhaps the most impressive graphical aspect we saw in the brief spot.

As the offensive play takes shape, Strahan makes a beeline toward the quarterback and even manages to get an arm around him. The slippery McNabb manages to spin out of the tackle attempt and continues to look downfield for an open receiver. Just before Strahan gets McNabb on a second effort, he's turned away in a spectacular follow-up block by an Eagles offensive lineman, allowing McNabb to toss up a spiral toward his receiver. The music quiets, and all that's left is the sound of the ball traveling through the air. Cut to a close-up of the receiver's face, who's watching the ball out of the corner of his eye. Desperately trying for the ball, the receiver we now recognize as Todd Pinkston dives across the goal line to catch the pass, scoring a dramatic touchdown. The ref signals a touchdown, and the final shot is of Pinkston celebrating his score on his knees to the raucous celebration of the crowd.

Interesting...in the commercial the opening kick off the returner gets injured and you can see the extent of the injury, (one of the big complaints from last year was the lack of injuries, and that the injuries in madden where generic and not detailed enough), then you get to see the new system of play caling, "a lefthand vertical menu", and also they mentioned "sack cam"..could be the new replay angle?? Also EA said something to the sort that it would be foolish to not include Vision passing and hit stick in the next gen, and not expand upon the feautures. These could be some of the improvements.

Scoop_Brady 04-22-2005 08:57 PM

I've drafted my own rendition of what next-gen Madden will look like.

Scoop's Next-Gen Madden extravaganza

dereliched 04-22-2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I've drafted my own rendition of what next-gen Madden will look like.

Scoop's Next-Gen Madden extravaganza

i'm sorry to break this to ya scoop but your rendition just isnt quite as nice looking as ea's. keep working on it though. someday you might pass them up.

Moegames 04-22-2005 11:19 PM

Its not cg..i can see poly's on some of those pics. Its probally a rough draft of what the game will look like and as EA said..its gonna look better which i can honestly believe with the power next gen systems will have.

videobastard 04-23-2005 10:10 AM

I cant believe a word ea says. It seems like they are just trying to hype stuff up with non game movies and pics. Im really not excited from what i have seen so far. I have seen games with better looking shots on regular x box.

HoodedSoldier 04-23-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by videobastard
I cant believe a word ea says. It seems like they are just trying to hype stuff up with non game movies and pics. Im really not excited from what i have seen so far. I have seen games with better looking shots on regular x box.

You have??? Please point me in the direction of said game because i have over 100 xbox games and have yet to find one that does with that much going on in game.

ODogg 04-23-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

^^ TROLL ALERT!

Pared 04-23-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

LMAO

That made my day... :spit: