Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Commentary - Good idea or bad? (/forums/showthread.php?t=123695)

MaddenMan 04-22-2005 12:16 PM

Commentary - Good idea or bad?

Instead of just 1 set of commentators - Ie Madden and Michaels.

Why not multiple sets? The Monday night games get a standard set, the Sunday night games too, but the regular games how about a different commentary crew, so when you play the game not only is it a different experience each time you play, but chances are you don't hear the same commentary over and over like before.

I think that even hiring voice actors like the 2K series did would be a great idea in addition to the regulars. Maybe 4 or 5 sets of commentators - that would be SICK imo!

AugustWest71 04-22-2005 12:17 PM

Re: Commentary - Good idea or bad?

What a cool idea. Don't know if 2006 can hold that much information though. Maybe next gen though.

burnwood 04-22-2005 12:31 PM

That would definately add some luster to the aging Madden-isms. I vote YES.

NAMEUSER 04-22-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnwood
That would definately add some luster to the aging Madden-isms. I vote YES.

Yea..I'm kinda tired of hearing Madden say.."Boom!" on every other play..It's too bad the ESPN NFL announcers/actors are out of work and looking for employment.

tanis38 04-22-2005 12:55 PM

I think it’s a great idea and one I’ve thought of for a while now, however, I doubt it will happen. That’s a lot of dialogue to record and it would have to be different for each crew. I would prefer for them to really concentrate on making the commentary as authentic and realistic as possible before they decide to do something like this. I want very specific commentary about players and situations. I want the commentary to reflect what is happening in my franchise, not just on my team, but around the league. I really hope EA decides to concentrate on the commentary one of these years like they have on other gameplay areas such as defense, offense and franchise. The commentary is still WAY behind as far as recreating what you hear on TV.

HoodedSoldier 04-22-2005 02:10 PM

there is plenty of storage on a dvd to hold more commentary. The last madden i think was about 4.5 gigs. Plenty of gigs left for more commentarty but i doubt we'll get that anytime soon which sucks.

Dame 04-22-2005 02:13 PM

i've been wanting this idea for years on every football game this can revolutionize the game atleast IMO.

tanis38 04-22-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
there is plenty of storage on a dvd to hold more commentary. The last madden i think was about 4.5 gigs. Plenty of gigs left for more commentarty but i doubt we'll get that anytime soon which sucks.

I'm not saying there isn't the space to have multiple commentary crews. I'm saying if they have yet to get the commentary right with one crew, what's the point of having multiple ones?