Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Walk This Way (/forums/showthread.php?t=125091)

Amidst The Blather 05-04-2005 02:15 PM

Walk This Way

To hear users from the Operation Sports Forums tell it, chicks don't dig the long ball .... they dig walks.

Or at least "sim gamers" do.

Walks are one of those fascinating areas where "sim" and "game" intersect, and developers find it's hard...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

BatsareBugs 05-04-2005 10:48 PM

Re: Walk This Way

Great article and subject to talk about there fossen. :waytogo:

elicoleman 05-04-2005 11:26 PM

Good read Fossen

hdaniel1 05-05-2005 12:35 AM

Wow. I hope you were just joking.

Let me ask you this. Why does he sucks as a moderator and a writer?

BTW, the staff and the mod crew, we do this for the love of sports gaming, we don't get paid for any of this stuff. We volunteer to do this to give out sports gaming information to the public.

BatsareBugs 05-05-2005 01:14 AM

*Unappropriate for front cover material. Leave it to that. :drink:

You can go back to your MVP forum now.

sdrotar 05-05-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackerjack
What a bunch of brownnosers! What did this article bring to me by reading it? If I want poetry, I'll go to the library. All it did was plug MLB 2006 and waste my time. Fossen sucks as a moderator, a writer, and he's not very pleasant to look at......at the very least guess he works for free.

That's got to be the most insulting and tasteless thing I've ever read.

Fortunately, the rest of us will now be spared your drivel for a while...

brunnoce 05-05-2005 04:41 AM

very good point there about the walks..
i totally agrre that if we could have joy of drawing a walk(although i get it in mlb2006) maybe stats would be much more closer than real life counterparts..but ive tried to go this way , and the problem in mlb2006 specificly is that they throw too many strikes...so unless you are a very good hitter and keep defending the strike zone pitchers wont walk you as they should...but i do think that a Strke/ball slider would fix it.

anyway great article!

VanCitySportsGuy 05-05-2005 12:58 PM

I'm able to draw walks in ESPN but I'm always tempted to swing. Let's face it, it's always more fun to take a hack then to take a ball. Now I know what it feels like to be Shea Hillenbrand.