Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   "Package" button on play call screen (/forums/showthread.php?t=129428)

bgeno 06-18-2005 10:06 AM

"Package" button on play call screen

I've noticed it on some of the POTD videos... I know I saw it on offense, but I cant remember if I saw it on defense.

Anyway, does anyone know any information on this? I know I loved this option in Madden because I could get my best players in a better position to make plays.

Thanks.

Lintyfresh85 06-18-2005 11:45 AM

Re: "Package" button on play call screen

its the same thing in NCAA as it is in Madden, so it's all good.

ncaa2004 06-18-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstar

So it is? that is great! I love it b/c I would want to sub in my big back on a 3rd and goal on the 2, I would have to sub him in the depth chart or on goaline formation, I'm so happy that this is in if it indeed is

Razorbacker 06-18-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstar

For those of us who don't play Madden, can you explain what the package button is and what it does?

sixthgradetyrant 06-18-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbacker
For those of us who don't play Madden, can you explain what the package button is and what it does?

In the playcalling screen, you can press a button to cycle through personnel packages without changing your formaiton. On offense, for example, you can stay in the I-Formation Normal set (2 backs, 2 receivers, 1 TE) and the package button will let you (1) flip your receivers, (2) sub your HB, (3) go double HB, (4) put your #3 WR at TE, (5) go Big Backfield (2 FB's), etc. On defense you can do things like flip your CB's and S's, put your OLB's at DE in Dime and Quarter formations, sub a LB for the nickel back in Nickel, etc. I find it useful in the Pro Formation, where I go double HB and pass into the flats. Really creates mismatches.

Nivek 06-18-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
In the playcalling screen, you can press a button to cycle through personnel packages without changing your formaiton. On offense, for example, you can stay in the I-Formation Normal set (2 backs, 2 receivers, 1 TE) and the package button will let you (1) flip your receivers, (2) sub your HB, (3) go double HB, (4) put your #3 WR at TE, (5) go Big Backfield (2 FB's), etc. On defense you can do things like flip your CB's and S's, put your OLB's at DE in Dime and Quarter formations, sub a LB for the nickel back in Nickel, etc. I find it useful in the Pro Formation, where I go double HB and pass into the flats. Really creates mismatches.

Great explanation...I can tell you're a teacher. :)

There is in fact defensive packages in NCAA 2006 btw...

usmgoldeneagles 06-18-2005 04:03 PM

Can you flip the play at the line with the right stick like in Madden?

Spin 06-18-2005 04:12 PM

in ncaa 2005, to flip a running play at the line of scrimmage u had to hit the hot route button and the left thumbstick right or left to change the direction of the play.