Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Official "Bugs/Glitches" Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=131026)

Kentucky3D 07-04-2005 05:47 PM

Dynasty Bugs

-Most teams only have 2 impact players after the first season, some only get one. Only a handful have 3.

-Just about every team doesn't play 12 games. While you can play 12 games every year after the first season, it would be kind of unrealistic since everyone else is just playing 11 every season.

-Vandy made a bowl game at 5-6, UNC made a bowl game at 4-7, and Maryland made a bowl game a 5-6.

Other things I noticed (not bad things):
-Discpline works much better now. If one of your guys misses a meeting, the NCAA doesn't really care at all (just suspend him a quarter or a half and your meter will even go down a little bit). I only had 3 guys get suspended in my season (1 was before the bowl game). But on the other hand a player can committ a serious violation, like one of my guys was involved in some fraud scandal, which caused the NCAA meter to jump like crazy until I suspended for 2 games which put the meter around where it was before that happened.

-also CPU teams don't have as many discipline problems as they did last year

-injuries- CPU teams usually have one guy long-term injuried and one guy injuried for a few weeks...this seems realistic...

-it seems EA did some research into who teams are scheduling in the future. Kentucky was playing Texas State in year 2 (correct week as in real life too).

-soft committs don't mean much at all, I lost 4 of them. Recruit like they weren't committed until they firmly verbal.

-there aren't like 100 good players left over after recruiting anymore, only about 5 out of a 100 Do Not Qualify and the game tells you this.

-not all 5, 4, 3 star players are available to be recruited at the beginning of the season.

-for some reason Kentucky's Academic prestige dropped to 3 star at the end of the season, not sure what caused it.

-it seems just about every game you play will at least be on regional television.

AugustWest71 07-04-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Dynasty Bugs

Can you post Tennessee's year 2 EA schedule? Thanks

ballerzinc 07-04-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
-Most teams only have 2 impact players after the first season, some only get one. Only a handful have 3.

-Just about every team doesn't play 12 games. While you can play 12 games every year after the first season, it would be kind of unrealistic since everyone else is just playing 11 every season.

Other things I noticed (not bad things):
-Discpline works much better now. If one of your guys misses a meeting, the NCAA doesn't really care at all (just suspend him a quarter or a half and your meter will even go down a little bit). I only had 3 guys get suspended in my season (1 was before the bowl game). But on the other hand a player can committ a serious violation, like one of my guys was involved in some fraud scandal, which caused the NCAA meter to jump like crazy until I suspended for 2 games which put the meter around where it was before that happened.

-also CPU teams don't have as many discipline problems as they did last year

-injuries- CPU teams usually have one guy long-term injuried and one guy injuried for a few weeks...this seems realistic...

-it seems EA did some research into who teams are scheduling in the future. Kentucky was playing Texas State in year 2 (correct week as in real life too).

-soft committs don't mean much at all, I lost 4 of them. Recruit like they weren't committed until they firmly verbal.

-there aren't like 100 good players left over after recruiting anymore, only about 5 out of a 100 Do Not Qualify and the game tells you this.

-not all 5, 4, 3 star players are available to be recruited at the beginning of the season.

-for some reason Kentucky's Academic prestige dropped to 3 star at the end of the season, not sure what caused it.

-it seems just about every game you play will at least be on regional television.

Can't you just eliminate one game.

soxboy7 07-04-2005 06:00 PM

The last point you bring up bothers me the most. I liked having to work to get a bad team some exposure on tv

ballerzinc 07-04-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxboy7
The last point you bring up bothers me the most. I liked having to work to get a bad team some exposure on tv

Some games they said weren't on TV last year should have been, heck even Army has a National T.V. deal. If your part of a major conference your going to be on T.V. For example Temple is a cellar dweller but they were always on ESPN plus which was on a local WB station. That may change this year though with them being independent. A lot of bad teams games are televised.

LSUFan2004 07-04-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxboy7

maybe it's just him. Even ketucky gets put on JP a lot...

Jimplication 07-04-2005 06:10 PM

Can someone create a Glitches thread.. I personally have no interest in reading about glitches before I even have the game.

Thanks.

TooTall 07-04-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentucky3D

Hmmm... I'm not to sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how this will turn out.