Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   changing conferences in dynasty? (/forums/showthread.php?t=132184)

ZekeRoberts 07-13-2005 04:28 AM

changing conferences in dynasty?

one of the coolest things i found in '04 was that your school could get bumped up to a better conference if you dominated a small conference for a couple years...

i never had this happen in '05, but i also jumped around a lot until i got to a power conference team

so i'm wondering if anyone was able to take a team to a better conference in '05, or if anyone has done it in '06 already?? i'm guessing people aren't there yet in '06 but if you did it in '05 please let me know because i really want this feature to still be there!!!

ycbs 07-13-2005 09:04 AM

Re: changing conferences in dynasty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
one of the coolest things i found in '04 was that your school could get bumped up to a better conference if you dominated a small conference for a couple years...

i never had this happen in '05, but i also jumped around a lot until i got to a power conference team

so i'm wondering if anyone was able to take a team to a better conference in '05, or if anyone has done it in '06 already?? i'm guessing people aren't there yet in '06 but if you did it in '05 please let me know because i really want this feature to still be there!!!

Haven't gotten that far in 06, but it was definitely still there in 05. You had to be at a non-BCS conference school to see it, though. I don't see why they would take it out in 06, but crazier things have happened. Hopefully it's still there.

Fsu280 07-13-2005 09:11 AM

Yah it was there in '04. I was Navy and after three years I got offered to replace Army in C-USA, but declined, in hopes of joining the Big East in the Future.

Steve22 07-13-2005 09:50 AM

I am still in my first season on 06, but I know you could be offered a new conference in 04 and 05. I guess since USF is in the Big East this year, I wouldn't be offered a different conference since the Big East has a share in the BCS.

OG_McNabb 07-13-2005 10:24 AM

This is a bit off-topic, but what is a good conference to start in. I created a 2-star team and I want to begin in a lowly conference. I was going to start in the Big 12 but I want to start small. Any suggestions?

Steve22 07-13-2005 10:27 AM

I would start in Conference USA. I think it would be perfect for a new team since the teams in there are not that tough, plus this year C-USA gets a championship game.

ZekeRoberts 07-13-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
This is a bit off-topic, but what is a good conference to start in. I created a 2-star team and I want to begin in a lowly conference. I was going to start in the Big 12 but I want to start small. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, good to hear...

McNabb, I think the MAC is a pretty good place to start... in '04 i took Miami (OH) from there to the Big 10... probably my favorite dynasty i've ever done... that and last year when i was on a mission to save Nebraska from Callahan lol

OG_McNabb 07-13-2005 10:33 AM

Thanks......Steve and Zeke

I will look over those two conferences tonight.