Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Div. I-AA or Div. II User Created Teams? (/forums/showthread.php?t=132509)

JohnnytheSkin 07-14-2005 08:16 PM

Div. I-AA or Div. II User Created Teams?

Does anyone do this for their alma mater's or for local schools? If so, I want to see some teams posted for download. I think that would make the game much better for those of us who've gone or know of smaller schools.

My alma mater is a tiny engineering school in Golden, Colorado (home of the Coors Brewery), the Colorado School of Mines Orediggers. They are Division II, and made it to the Div. II semifinals last year where the lost to Pittsburgh (KS) St. The QB last year, Chad Friehauf one the Div. II player of the year and got an invite to the Broncos. Anyway, I make them every year, and would gladly post the team here if there is interest. I correct names, height, weight, and the depth chart as best I can. I can't guarantee looks or equipment, that's pretty much my discretion unless I know the players. I will have it team completed as soon as the 2005 roster is available.

This year I've also created the Northern Colorado Bears, a Div. I-AA school. I think they are moving up to Div. I-A next year, but I'm not sure. Had to deal with the typical lack of logo issues, but I can post them as well once Mines is completed.

Again, I'll post them in hopes that others will do the same. I'm pretty accurate with the attributes and skill levels (not PERFECT, but they will compete in the game at their appropriate level). Sorry for the rant, and please post some follow-up. Thanks!

Bruins 07-14-2005 08:21 PM

Re: Div. I-AA or Div. II User Created Teams?

I'd love to download those teams! Maybe it'll get me to make some small local colleges from around here..

JohnnytheSkin 07-14-2005 08:37 PM

One other note...I generally don't adjust the players' classes (meaning a senior in real life might be a sophomore in the game). The reason I do this is:

1)Ease of use for entering names. The starter will generally be the best at the position by default, so I just follow that logic with the generic ratings.

2)I personally only plan on using these teams for exhibition. Therefore it's not important if they are upperclassmen when they should be freshmen.

Not a big deal in my books, just fair warning. I should have these up by next week...if Mines get's a roster out!

Here is the link for the UNC Bears:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...14#post1746414

DOAsaturn 07-14-2005 10:57 PM

I didn't know you could edit created team rosters??

Either way, I made a rough version of the football team close to me, the Rocky Mountain College Battlin' Bears. They are NAIA. They are pretty bad, they've only made the NAIA playoffs once a couple seasons back (WR Chris Horn from that team is actually on the Kansas City Chiefs). This might be a fun idea.

JohnnytheSkin 07-15-2005 01:30 PM

All the created teams are found in the "I-A" rosters section. They are at the end (or beginning) of the alphabet. Please post some teams! I think this would be great if it got started. Come on guys!

JohnnytheSkin 08-07-2005 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my final Div. II teams. A slightly modified UNC team, and the Colorado Mines Orediggers. Full text of changes, etc. can be found in the Rosters thread.

*EDIT: These are for Xbox. Does anyone have other Xbox teams? Thanks!*

CoffeyN 08-07-2005 03:28 PM

I did quite a few in another thread...

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...9&page=2&pp=40

post #75 in that thread has my file with i think 12 schools