Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Custom Make Your Own Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=133224)

JoseValentinWooo 07-19-2005 02:21 AM

Custom Make Your Own Sliders

The fact is that no 2 players are alike. If we were all the same whoever picked the better team online would win every time. That in mind no 1 slider set could or should satisfy everybody. It seems like way to many people out there are looking for that magic cure to solve all there problems. In 5-10 exibition games I think you could come up with your own slider set.

Start off on Heisman Difficulty
7 Min Quarters
Sub in/out 80%/85%

Human First

Off
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Def
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Special Teams
50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

For penalties use Jistics slider set, those seem to work good for me

Now pick 2 teams that are very evenly matched in this game and sim there games 10times or more depending on however accurate you want these sliders to be. Also, try to pick evenly matched teams. A good way to sim is to start a dynasty, schedule week 1 and quit.

Write down all of the major stats, including score
ALL THE STATS!!!

This works good in excel, then average them

Say your teams are Illinois and Northwestern, 5 home 5 away.

Say the average score is 27.5-22.5 Northwestern
This will be your target

Now the fun begins, start playing games.

After 2 home and away average your stats.
If your total plays called is more than 10 over the ave. or less than 10 adjust the minutes of the game accordingly. Some of us ask corso and get the play off in 5 seconds, others use a good 20 seconds.

Average all the stats then.

I will now give situations and how to adjust your sliders accordingly.

QB Completion Percentage is too high compared to the target
----------------------------------------------------------
Are you completing to many short or long passes?
Short- Ask yourself is the CPU defense covering you but not making the plays or is your guy wide open

Covered- Increase the CPU Knockdowns 5%
Wide open- Increase the CPU Awarness by 5%

Long- Ask your self is the QB sitting in the Pocket all day or are you lobbing the rock in less than 2 seconds after calling hike.

All day in pocket- Increase CPU Break block by 5% and decrease Human Pass Block 5%
Lobbin Prayers- Increase CPU Knockdowns by 10% CPU Int by 10% and decrease WR catching by 10%, decrease qb accc. 10%

Im not even hitting the WR- QB accuracy up 5%

Now are your WR's dropping to many passes?

Yes- are they dropping wide open balls or are the getting nailed.

Wide open- Only Increase WR catching by 5% if you didnt decrease by 10% earlier
Getting nailed- tough luck thats football

Now to the running game

Are you running all over them

Yes- Are you getting untouched or breaking a lot of tackles.

Untouched- Decrease Human run block by 5% and increase CPU break block and tackles by 5%
Breakin tackles- Increase CPU tackling by 10% and decrease Human Run Ability by 5%

Help Im getting stuffed(less than 2.0 YPC)- Increase RB ablilty and Run blocking 5%

Now ask your self all of the same questions for the CPU

lets say passing was easy for you but running was hard.

your new slider might look like this

55/40
45/50
55/40
55/45
55/50

55/50
60/55
60/50
50/55
60/50

50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

Congrats to all who have made it this far! You have your very own sliders 1.0 but wait you ain't done yet. If you want the truest slider repeat it all again. Play 2 or 4 more games with your 1.0 sliders then ask yourselves the exact same questions, so in theory each time you adjust its still impossible to run for you, then your RB Ability could eventually top out at 99! after going through the list 3 maybe even 4 or 5 times you will have 90% perfect sliders for you.

to do the special teams sliders sim a season. find out which kicker had the farthest kick. take him into practice mode. Say Mike Nugent's (i know he's not around any more but im not a kicker's man) longest kick was 59. Chances are he put 100% of his power into that kick and it miracuracly stayed straight, i kicked a few games in HS i know how it is. Go into practice mode and set up for a 59 yard kick. when you get 99% power on that kick and it goes straight it should make a 59 yard FG, barely, but in. If it's impossible then increase the kick power until its reached.

Do the same for the CPU and then as well for punts and Kickoffs

Now you finally have perfect sliders. Now go play a dynasty and have some fun before '07 drops.

tell me guys what you think cuz i did this and i am getting truely awesome games and having a blast :59:

t_mercer28 07-19-2005 09:13 PM

Re: Custom Make Your Own Sliders

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
The fact is that no 2 players are alike. If we were all the same whoever picked the better team online would win every time. That in mind no 1 slider set could or should satisfy everybody. It seems like way to many people out there are looking for that magic cure to solve all there problems. In 5-10 exibition games I think you could come up with your own slider set.

Start off on Heisman Difficulty
7 Min Quarters
Sub in/out 80%/85%

Human First

Off
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Def
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Special Teams
50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

For penalties use Jistics slider set, those seem to work good for me

Now pick 2 teams that are very evenly matched in this game and sim there games 10times or more depending on however accurate you want these sliders to be. Also, try to pick evenly matched teams. A good way to sim is to start a dynasty, schedule week 1 and quit.

Write down all of the major stats, including score
ALL THE STATS!!!

This works good in excel, then average them

Say your teams are Illinois and Northwestern, 5 home 5 away.

Say the average score is 27.5-22.5 Northwestern
This will be your target

Now the fun begins, start playing games.

After 2 home and away average your stats.
If your total plays called is more than 10 over the ave. or less than 10 adjust the minutes of the game accordingly. Some of us ask corso and get the play off in 5 seconds, others use a good 20 seconds.

Average all the stats then.

I will now give situations and how to adjust your sliders accordingly.

QB Completion Percentage is too high compared to the target
----------------------------------------------------------
Are you completing to many short or long passes?
Short- Ask yourself is the CPU defense covering you but not making the plays or is your guy wide open

Covered- Increase the CPU Knockdowns 5%
Wide open- Increase the CPU Awarness by 5%

Long- Ask your self is the QB sitting in the Pocket all day or are you lobbing the rock in less than 2 seconds after calling hike.

All day in pocket- Increase CPU Break block by 5% and decrease Human Pass Block 5%
Lobbin Prayers- Increase CPU Knockdowns by 10% CPU Int by 10% and decrease WR catching by 10%, decrease qb accc. 10%

Im not even hitting the WR- QB accuracy up 5%

Now are your WR's dropping to many passes?

Yes- are they dropping wide open balls or are the getting nailed.

Wide open- Only Increase WR catching by 5% if you didnt decrease by 10% earlier
Getting nailed- tough luck thats football

Now to the running game

Are you running all over them

Yes- Are you getting untouched or breaking a lot of tackles.

Untouched- Decrease Human run block by 5% and increase CPU break block and tackles by 5%
Breakin tackles- Increase CPU tackling by 10% and decrease Human Run Ability by 5%

Help Im getting stuffed(less than 2.0 YPC)- Increase RB ablilty and Run blocking 5%

Now ask your self all of the same questions for the CPU

lets say passing was easy for you but running was hard.

your new slider might look like this

55/40
45/50
55/40
55/45
55/50

55/50
60/55
60/50
50/55
60/50

50/50
0/0
50/50
0/0
50/50

Congrats to all who have made it this far! You have your very own sliders 1.0 but wait you ain't done yet. If you want the truest slider repeat it all again. Play 2 or 4 more games with your 1.0 sliders then ask yourselves the exact same questions, so in theory each time you adjust its still impossible to run for you, then your RB Ability could eventually top out at 99! after going through the list 3 maybe even 4 or 5 times you will have 90% perfect sliders for you.

to do the special teams sliders sim a season. find out which kicker had the farthest kick. take him into practice mode. Say Mike Nugent's (i know he's not around any more but im not a kicker's man) longest kick was 59. Chances are he put 100% of his power into that kick and it miracuracly stayed straight, i kicked a few games in HS i know how it is. Go into practice mode and set up for a 59 yard kick. when you get 99% power on that kick and it goes straight it should make a 59 yard FG, barely, but in. If it's impossible then increase the kick power until its reached.

Do the same for the CPU and then as well for punts and Kickoffs

Now you finally have perfect sliders. Now go play a dynasty and have some fun before '07 drops.

tell me guys what you think cuz i did this and i am getting truely awesome games and having a blast :59:

I'm thinking I might try this... I've only played a handful of games (I work A LOT) - kinda makes sense to make your own, because like you said, no two players are alike.

shaneloose 07-19-2005 09:26 PM

Jose

this might easily be the most important slider post i have ever read.

i jump from so many different sliders during the course of a year, that it is sick.

I never really have the time to sit down and play the game just to figure out how I want the sliders, so now knowing exactly what I should be looking for, makes that possible.

great post.

once I am done, I will post what I came up with to see how good/bad I am against the PC

DanSF49 07-20-2005 04:27 PM

I'm going to do this myself also because I have tried everyones sliders on here and havent found a happy medium yet. I will let you know in the next few days how it turned out. Thanks

DanSF49 07-21-2005 04:27 PM

So how are you guys making out with this?? I've done the 10 sim games and played 2 games myself and made adjustments. I'm going to put in the new sliders tonight and play another 2 and see what happens now. Quick question what was the farthest kick in your season sim??

JoseValentinWooo 07-22-2005 02:04 PM

Mike Nugent, K, Ohio State Sr 5-9, 175
By: Andy Silvester

Undoubtedly the best kicker in this years draft, Nugent is so good he may well slip into the first day of selections.

Positives
Accurate, consistent, reliable. What more do you want out of a kicker? He can hit them anywhere up to 55 yards and when he goes on the field you know he’s going to slot it.

Negatives
He might not have a booming kick-off leg from the 30 yard mark. Neither does Vanderjagt. You do the math.

Pro Potential
A perennial all-pro kicker. Not far off the biggest sure thing in this draft, but because he’s a kicker no-one seems to care.

we all can agree that mike nugent was the game's best kicker last year, so if he's only a guarentee up to 55 yards, then your 80 overall K shouldn't be drilling them.

But that only explains the greats, Ill sim a season right now and post average long kicks for kickers rated 40-45, 45-50, 50-55, etc. so you guys have a rough idea of where they should be

Samantha 07-22-2005 02:28 PM

It's amazing some people need to be told this. I have never once tried someone else's sliders. I alwasy use my own. That's the first thing I do is begin practicing and playing, recording stats, and compiling a set of sliders that gives me the real game feeling. Sometimes you have to do the thinking for some people. Guess that's why there are employers and employees.

JoseValentinWooo 07-22-2005 02:35 PM

Where Kickers could potentially kick

Kickpower is 90+=A 50 yard kick is a smart play call rather than go for it.

Kickpower is 80-90= A 50 yarder 'can' be made but isnt a real high percentage move

Kick power is less than 80= 50 yards is impossible to kick