Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Academic Prestige (/forums/showthread.php?t=133347)

illinihitch 07-19-2005 10:16 PM

Academic Prestige

What impacts your academic presitige?

I've dropped from 5 stars to 4 in my 3rd season, and I have no idea what is influencing this? Is it the players I recruit? Is it my palyers cheating on tests, etc. and how I do or do not discipline them?

bake100 07-19-2005 10:21 PM

Re: Academic Prestige

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinihitch

I've dropped from 5 stars to 4 in my 3rd season, and I have no idea what is influencing this? Is it the players I recruit? Is it my palyers cheating on tests, etc. and how I do or do not discipline them?

Look at their GPA...if it is low, they will come in and lower your prestige rating. To keep it up, you have to recruit good students in addition to trying to sign the good talent.

illinihitch 07-19-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bake100
Look at their GPA...if it is low, they will come in and lower your prestige rating. To keep it up, you have to recruit good students in addition to trying to sign the good talent.

I don't see GPA on the recruit info page? I remember it used to be there? Do you eman to pay attention to the letter grade they give to "Field Awareness"?

that's what I was wondering to begin with, but it is silly b/c everyone knows book smarts and on field smarts do not correlate at a high level all the time.

illinihitch 07-20-2005 08:59 AM

Bumping to see if day time readers have an answer.

CountryBumpkin 07-20-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

I don't see GPA on the recruit info page? I remember it used to be there? Do you eman to pay attention to the letter grade they give to "Field Awareness"?

that's what I was wondering to begin with, but it is silly b/c everyone knows book smarts and on field smarts do not correlate at a high level all the time.

Stanford and Notre Dame among others will argue this...although I wouldn't use the 'Golden Domers' as a model until Weiss gets them going...

TomHolmoe 07-22-2005 06:16 AM

Quote:

I just lost a star to start my second season. I did have about 5 players leave early for the draft (I didn't pay much attention to it since they were at positions where the backups should be ready to step in, but maybe I should have?) and a player or two suspended for academic issues during the season, but it would be nice to know for certain what to look for to keep this rating up. I've been suspending players for more than the CPU recommends since my NCAA interest bar also started out really high so I doubt it's because I was too lenient towards academic impropriety. I don't want to be the man who runs my alma mater's reputation into the ground!

Should I not cut upperclassmen who just aren't improving and have been usurped by those who have more eligibility? Basing the academic prestige on the awareness of your new recruits is really a pretty dumb way to do it, but it wouldn't really surprise me since this is EA.

BTG 07-22-2005 09:45 AM

It lowers when you recruit stupid players with 2.0 GPAs. Scout the player before recruiting to find out his GPA.

Notre Dame, Stanford, Michigan, Boston College, Miami ... all excellent teams with good academic reputations.

Dauminator 07-22-2005 12:22 PM

By Miami I can only assume you mean Miami University in Oxford, OH. The one in Florida has no great academic reputation that I'm aware of.