Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Simming Strategies (/forums/showthread.php?t=133395)

samcat345 07-20-2005 04:26 AM

Simming Strategies

i posted this on Utopia also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i decided to sim for a bunch of years since it is hopefully still 60 seasons, and i was wondering how you guys handle the coaching strategies sliders.

Do you adjust for every game? or do you keep the same set all season?

i want to be able to change it up every game for the different opponents, but i am not completely sure if im doing the best for my team.

I like to build my teams as a heavy running(very conservative) and solid defense. so i set those up good, but i was wondering if you guys change it against, say a bad pass defense, do you put the slider towards the passing a little more?

On defense do you set it to your teams ablilities (like if i have a sweet secondary, should i put more focus on the run or pass?) or do you set it for the opponents offense (like they have good QB and recievers, so should i put more percentage on pass D?)

i like to read and discuss so anything is open and i like to hear about others strategies and stories

samcat345 07-20-2005 12:32 PM

Re: Simming Strategies

i mainly just wanted to know if i have a bad rush defense, do i put more percentage on the run side of the defense slider?? or do i out more on the side of my strength (pass D) and also how would i change it against a awesome run offense

samcat345 07-20-2005 08:28 PM

lol i cant help it

BhamTiger 07-21-2005 10:34 AM

I do a combination of playing and simming, and I always adjust my defense based on the opposing team's offensive tendencies. I like how this year I can see the run/pass % of all the other teams, so I scroll to my opponent and look at their run/pass % and adjust my defense accordingly. I also don't usually blitz a lot, so defensive aggression is pretty low (25-30%). I prefer not to overpursue and would rather have guys back to make the play.

I always leave my offense the same. I run an option-based run-heavy offense, and that never changes.