Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flip run route not working... (/forums/showthread.php?t=133468)

EXboxur 07-20-2005 05:01 PM

Flip run route not working...

Anybody else notice that the flip run route doesn't work a lot? Many a times I've been at the line, noticing a great deal of space to one side of the field or the other and I CAN'T seem to flip the darn HB's run route. :( I'm not saying that it doesn't work, but there have been MANY times when it doesn't flip, no matter how many times before the snap I input the command for it. And the noise level of a crowd shouldn't affect the HB audible, he's right next to you.

Pared 07-20-2005 05:02 PM

Re: Flip run route not working...

Doesn't work for all plays b/c of the blocking schemes.

If your player can't "hear" the audible, just press it again immediately. Problem solved.

EXboxur 07-20-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared
Doesn't work for all plays b/c of the blocking schemes.

If your player can't "hear" the audible, just press it again immediately. Problem solved.

I did press it immediately, sometimes 4 or 5 times, but still nothing. It's probably just the blocking schemes like you said.

Rudiger 07-20-2005 05:26 PM

Try it with hfa off or in practice to make sure it's not the play design. Many HB runs out of the shotgun cannot be flipped because there's no efficient way to make the handoff work. There may be other formations that also do not work, but shotgun is where it happens the most.
===

Pared 07-20-2005 05:27 PM

Oh, i misunderstood your statement. I thought you also meant you were calling an audible(hot route) and the HB couldn't hear it. In that instance you can press it again right away and it would go through. For a swap run, if it doesn't work the first time, it won't work. Just the blocking schemes like I mentioned before.

Deegeezy 07-20-2005 05:31 PM

I was not aware that you could do this in NCAA. I thought this was just a Madden feature.

Pared 07-20-2005 05:38 PM

Yeah, but I believe it IS in the manual. There isn't much in it to begin with, but this I believe is there this year.

Deegeezy 07-20-2005 05:40 PM

Do you know how to do it on PS2?