Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Posts I'll Never Understand #2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=133589)

Amidst The Blather 07-21-2005 12:15 PM

Posts I'll Never Understand #2

This is Part 2 in what will, I'm sure, be a long series. Collect 'em all! Trade 'am with your friends! Stick 'em in your bicycle spokes to get that cool motorcycle sound! Get yer rookie card with this convenient link!

This edition will be...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

BigBlue 07-21-2005 12:30 PM

Re: Posts I'll Never Understand #2

Mark:

I am in total agreement with you. Another post that I'll never understand is "Now that EA has the exclusive license, they're under pressure to come through with a great game"

Pressure from who? Their only other competition for football is NCAA, EA!!!!

(Sigh) . . . Oh well

BigBlue

slickdtc 07-21-2005 12:40 PM

:y220e:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't for EA Sports.

LetsGoPitt 07-21-2005 12:49 PM

Great article there, Mark.

I totally agree with you that EA is in a tough situation, and that they are going to piss off 50% of the people no matter what they do. Personally, I'd rather they piss off the 2k fans by putting some of their features into Madden. So they "borrowed" a few tidbits from 2k Sports (nee ESPN). Big deal. As long as the game is improved, I don't have a problem with it. It's far better than the alternative: continued stagnation of an already dry product.

burnwood 07-21-2005 02:39 PM

Nice article. Even though the 2K series was my favorite for the last 2 years I am glad to see EA grab some features I use the most. I still don't like EA much as a whole though.

Mark, the only oversight in the article is the missing [sic] indicator at:

Quote:

"Instead of creating new features and living up to the expectations of being the only football game with the NFL liscense [sic] Madden 2006 jacked 5 features from ESPN 2k5. This is why this liscensing deal worries me.

Brandwin 07-21-2005 02:41 PM

Great stuff Mark and I agree..posts like that just drive me nuts.

SportsTop 07-21-2005 02:41 PM

It must feel good to have 25 whole posts and already have a "Post I'll Never Understand" article written in your honor.

Nice post Mark.

80Rice80 07-21-2005 04:42 PM

I agree completely Mark. I am a long time member at another Madden site and I have been making these comments forever. The same people who rip EA (usually just for the sake of doing so) for not adding features do the exact same when they do add features. I have been saying for the last year not to expect much "innovation" until the second release of the next gen consoles though. Not much more they are going to do on the current platform and with the second go around on the next gen the programmers will know every little nuance of the systems and be able to push more out of it.