Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   More Success Passing Than Running...!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=133894)

HokieStar 07-23-2005 08:49 PM

More Success Passing Than Running...!!

I'm actually having more success with passing.. I'm playing on Heisman.. and I'm 8-0 (5-0).. I just got done beating Boston College in OT.. 34-27.. Marcus Vick was 21-39.. which is over 50% passing.. and 4 TD'S.. but also 1 INT.. So that was a pretty good game of passing.. But my running is Awful.. My best RB Imoh is injured. So i have to go with Humes.. he had 22 att.. for 32 yds in this game.. How Embarrassing...:frown: . So.. are u guys having more success Passing or Running??? GO HOKIES!!:waytogo:

GAMEC0CK2002 07-23-2005 10:10 PM

Re: More Success Passing Than Running...!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieStar
I'm actually having more success with passing.. I'm playing on Heisman.. and I'm 8-0 (5-0).. I just got done beating Boston College in OT.. 34-27.. Marcus Vick was 21-39.. which is over 50% passing.. and 4 TD'S.. but also 1 INT.. So that was a pretty good game of passing.. But my running is Awful.. My best RB Imoh is injured. So i have to go with Humes.. he had 22 att.. for 32 yds in this game.. How Embarrassing...:frown: . So.. are u guys having more success Passing or Running??? GO HOKIES!!:waytogo:

It's funny that you should mention that. VT is actually my #2 team I play with outside of S. Carolina. You should be able to run the option like crazy using Marcus Vick. VT has a very good playbook for running the ball. I actually prefer to start Humes b/c he is a beast to take down on the first tackle. I played about 8 games with VT on Heisman level. My only 2 losses to the computer came when I was playing Miami at Miami both times.

Choose running plays where you can send a WR in motion and he takes the defender with him to the other side of the field. Then run (or flip) your play to the side that has no one on it. That way if your back makes it past the LOS you're almost gauranteed a 10+ yard run. It won't work if they are playing in a zone and will stay at home regardless....even if you go in motion.

straylight3 07-23-2005 11:42 PM

It's weird when I play RFTH with my pocket passer I always pass VERY well, but when I play my dynasty I usually can't pass worth a crap

CM Hooe 07-24-2005 12:36 AM

I seem to struggle playing as the more dynamic quarterbacks. I tend to want to throw on the run more and panic in the pocket more, itching to run I guess. By deductive reasoning, I am terrible passing the ball with Virginia (go figure).

With a pocket passer I'm calmer in the pocket, but I get sacked more cuz I sometimes don't even look at the trenches.

I want to be able to play as a scrambling QB because of the added dimension to the offense that one brings: option runs, creativity, something-out-of-nothing plays. But at this point I just can't.

AirNike8 07-24-2005 01:45 AM

what playbook do u use

RubenDouglas 07-24-2005 02:23 AM

i had insurmountable success with Toledo's QB in RFTH mode, especially passing up the middle. But my standard QB's won't get the job done.

I definetly sense a lot of peoples opinions on the gameplay and its flaws are based merely on who they play with.

Badgun 07-24-2005 08:39 AM

The bad thing about it is Marcus Vick is way overrated in this game. Not only is he the second fastest qb in the game, but his passing attributes are way too high. Every game in my dynasty I see his stats and it's always 20-29 for 245 yards 3 TD 0 INT or 18-23 for 315 yards 4 TD and 0 INT.

The truth of the matter is it will probably take Vick 3 games to throw 29 passes and he'll be lucky to ever see the other side of 50% passing. I have no idea why EA jacked him up so much, especially since he's never done anything but be a screwup. You VT guys enjoy your dynasty, since the Vick they gave you to use in this game is Michael, not Marcus.

trobinson97 07-24-2005 08:50 AM

Well, his passing attributes may be a little too high, but him being the second fastest QB is defenitely not an abberation. He really is fast, and quite talented. It's just that he's had some off the field problems and that's contributed to him not being able to show you all just how good he is. Had he been a good little boy and stayed in focus, him being an 87 overall in this game would have made him underrated. I think EA did a good job in giving him the rating. He is good, he just has to show it. He can't do that in the game if he was rated a lot lower. You rate based on the talent, it does not include off the field mishaps.

Anyway, I have a lot more success running than I do passing. Using jistic's AA sliders I manage to get two rb's over 100 yds a game. Once I even got my third stringer over 100 plus the other two. My passing game is slowly but surely catching up though.