Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sharkport/X-port (/forums/showthread.php?t=134030)

cecilsav 07-25-2005 11:27 AM

Sharkport/X-port

Can anyone tell me where I can buy one of these items which allows me to download the real rosters? I have looked online at Best Buy, Circuit City and ect and cannot find one. I live in Dallas and I know there has to be one somewhere in this city? Thanks!

rudyjuly2 07-25-2005 11:58 AM

Re: Sharkport/X-port

They don't make them anymore and they don't work on any PS2 built in March 2003 or beyond. You have to get the PS2 max drive (try code junkies website) as they may not be making them anymore either but it works.

Ebay may be worth a shot but its hard to find used max drives.

cecilsav 07-25-2005 12:16 PM

Thanks. After doing some reading I have found the Max Drive would be my best bet and they are a bit hard to find.

trobinson97 07-25-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecilsav
Thanks. After doing some reading I have found the Max Drive would be my best bet and they are a bit hard to find.

Well, I was going to say, if you have the right PS2 and still wanted a Sharkport, you can get them brand new from merchants on Amazon for like 10 bucks. There where I got mine a week or so ago.

cecilsav 07-25-2005 12:38 PM

I went out and bought the slim version of the PS2 about 2 months ago. I hear only the Max Drive will work with it?

trobinson97 07-25-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecilsav
I went out and bought the slim version of the PS2 about 2 months ago. I hear only the Max Drive will work with it?

Yeah in that case, get the max drive, the sharkport won't work with that one. Check your local Best Buy, mine has it. If you can't find it there, and want to try online, go to consolesource.com, they have it. Good site, I've shopped there.

fishepa 07-25-2005 02:15 PM

You can also buy the Max drive at your local Ebgames and Gamestop.

Swervekid 07-25-2005 03:44 PM

So if I buy a maxdrive, then I just need to download someones rosters and save it on the drive? Then I need to just plug it into my PS2? Do I need to keep the maxdrive in the PS2 the entire time I play or does it get saved to my memory card?