Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   radja's default roster sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=135615)

Radja 08-05-2005 10:09 PM

radja's default roster sliders

i have been experimenting with some sliders based on increments of 10. the testers would have worked with these numbers so i thought after reading a lot of posts that maybe this might work if i use default as a base.

i am using the downloaded end of season ps2 rosters no edits.

i am not the kind of player who can hit several buttons with the runner to get him to chain 10 moves, so you may need to adjust the run sliders.

i have had several games now with the cpu completing over 55% with 2 ints or less. in fact the last 3 games:

t. green - 2 tds, 1 (on a deflection)
a. brooks - 3 tds, 1
k. collins - 3 tds, 1

i have really enjoyed these.

8 min quarters
fast speed

Human/CPU

blocking: 20, 30
passing: 0, 30
running: 20, 30
catching: 40, 30
coverage: 10, 30
pursuit: 10, 10
tackling: 10, 10
kicking: 0, 30
fatigue: 20, 20
injury: 26 (cuts down on stupid trade offers for some reason.)
fumble: 26
interceptions: 20 (really. this makes the dbs go for picks instead of swatting everything.)

give these a few games to see what you think. you can get rolled and vice versa. the last two games have gone to the wire. if you make adjustments, make them in increments of 10. this is version 1.

RoyalBoyle78 08-05-2005 10:31 PM

Re: radja's default roster sliders

I'll give them a go.

Radja 08-06-2005 07:02 PM

make sure holding penalty is down to 30. a real problem with the cpu completion % is getting too many holding penalties called on them and they are constantly completing from long down and distances.

Radja 08-16-2005 01:23 PM

two adjustments:

i moved holding to 20. it makes getting to the qb harder. against the tough tackles, they dont get called, but the scrubs still do.

plus i play 7 min quarters. at first i was watching cut scenes and scrolling slowly thru my entire playbook, but as i started quickly picking plays the scoring got too high. so if you play quick drop the minutes.

mavsman27 08-16-2005 07:15 PM

Why is interceptions at 20? I have played several games with INT at 0 and have had no problems.

I am going to try these sliders out thanks

inkcil 08-16-2005 09:15 PM

wow radja!

with int. at 20, i thought there would be issues but it was all good, but here's the catch;

I actually switched the CPU and Human settings (on accident) and it really played a beautiful game (2 of them, including Ravens at Dallas and Colts at Pats). I was like, "with all of the pics, why would radja put CPU pass at 0?"

LOL, I was calling you a genious after playing 2 whole games w/ only ONE pic between 4 quarterbacks.

Anyway, maybe having "passing" at 0 for QBs makes them play at their true ratings. Who knows.

ehh 08-16-2005 11:32 PM

I just gave these a whirl, Jets vs. Bengals with NoPlace's new rosters.

It was alotta fun and had a good feel to it, but it was entire way too easy to pass and way too hard to run.

In the first half I was 11-13 for 165 yards with Pennington. I had traded for Braylon Edwards and he had 7 catches for 125 yards and a TD at halftime. Curtis Martin had 8 attempts for 12 yards.

The second half I screwed around alot and tried some different things so I won't even post the stats. They ended up winning 27-24.

mavsman27 08-17-2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh
I just gave these a whirl, Jets vs. Bengals with NoPlace's new rosters.

It was alotta fun and had a good feel to it, but it was entire way too easy to pass and way too hard to run.

In the first half I was 11-13 for 165 yards with Pennington. I had traded for Braylon Edwards and he had 7 catches for 125 yards and a TD at halftime. Curtis Martin had 8 attempts for 12 yards.

The second half I screwed around alot and tried some different things so I won't even post the stats. They ended up winning 27-24.

With blocking and running at 20 and CPU tackling at 10 there is no reason running should be difficult. Your basically running at below pro to all-pro levels.