Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Split national titles in Dynasty? (/forums/showthread.php?t=135907)

spacefunk 08-08-2005 04:37 PM

Split national titles in Dynasty?

Ever seen one? I'm currently 11-0 with one more regular season game. I'm ranked first in both offense and defense and the only other undefeated team is USC, who's first in the bowl rankings. But I, as Pitt, am only tenth because I have an abysmal strength of schedule. I do have a handful of first place votes in the polls though. Chances are I won't go to the National Championship game. But if I win my bowl game and USC loses, could there be a split between me and whoever beats USC or will the game just automatically give it to them?

APD0290 08-08-2005 04:39 PM

Re: Split national titles in Dynasty?

I've seen split national titles in NCAA 2005, but haven't ever had the situation come up in this years game yet.

Beantown 08-08-2005 04:39 PM

It will give it to the winner, because you wont be #1 in the polls, I'm assuming, like USC was in their split-NC year.

TheSchwartz 08-08-2005 04:42 PM

Yes you can have a split national championship in this years game. I had it happen once when I was simulating some seasons.

Unfortunately you can't win a National Championship Trophy without winning the National Championship game. But you can finish #1 in the Media Poll.

Jr. 08-08-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSchwartz
Yes you can have a split national championship in this years game. I had it happen once when I was simulating some seasons.

Unfortunately you can't win a National Championship Trophy without winning the National Championship game. But you can finish #1 in the Media Poll.

This just happened in my dynasty. Alabama won the National Championship game but Miami finished first in the media poll. The Sports Illustrated cover said something about Alabama was the "disputed" national champ. The BCS doesn't even work in video games either. Pretty funny.

Bamafan3723 08-08-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughn3
This just happened in my dynasty. Alabama won the National Championship game but Miami finished first in the media poll. The Sports Illustrated cover said something about Alabama was the "disputed" national champ. The BCS doesn't even work in video games either. Pretty funny.

It just proves how realistic this game is.:y15:

nofearsp2007 08-08-2005 07:30 PM

i never knew there could be split national titles in any ncaa game. that is pretty cool.