Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Vikings Updated Roster Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=136071)

Herky 08-09-2005 12:15 PM

Vikings Updated Roster Question

Has the roster changed much from the default one on the new update? Any players added, or ratings changed?

wang_chi7 08-09-2005 02:16 PM

Re: Vikings Updated Roster Question

The only thing really is ratings tweaks. Sharper is rated slightly too high, I think anyways. Taylor probably should have a little ratings boost, with a good QB, finally, he should turn into a pretty decent #2 receiver.

I put Bennett's speed and acceleration up to 99 (default 97 each) because he is definitely the fastest NFL player. He gave up a chance to go to the Olympics (as a sprinter before his rookie year) to play in the NFL.

Edit: Daryl Jones (WR) signed. Don't know much about him, so I don't know if he's a guy that will just be cut in training camp or what.

Herky 08-09-2005 03:10 PM

I noticed that these rookies who were drafted are not on the default roster. Mosley looks to have the best shot of making the active roster of the two right now.

47 Adrian Ward
5' 10" 170 lbs
Cornerback | Rookie | Texas El-Paso
*Selected in the 7th round (No. 219 overall) in 2005 draft

96 C.J. Mosley
6'2" 314 lbs
Defensive Tackle | Rookie | Missouri
*Selected in sixth round (No. 191 overall) in 2005 draft

Herky 08-10-2005 09:14 AM

Downloaded the update this morning and this is what I noticed. I added notes from the KFAN website on the players in camp to provide insight and kinda of raise questions on why guys were added or removed.

Removed from the game:
K Aaron Elling
Entering Camp
Elling is at a crossroads in his Vikings career. If he doesn't have a strong camp and beat out Paul Edinger, his time in purple is likely over. Minnesota does not want to go into this season with two kickers, and Elling is currently the odd man out. Elling will have to show control, self-confidence, and obviously, consistency kicking field goals in Mankato or the job will go to Edinger.

RG Anthony Herrera
Entering Camp
Herrera is currently third on the depth chart, but will likely be passed by rookie Marcus Johnson once the team breaks from Mankato. Herrera's is well-liked by the coaching staff for his work ethic and his ability to play center if necessary makes him a valuable commodity on the roster.

CB Ken Irving
Entering Camp
Irvin went to camp last year as the team's third cornerback, but now finds himself as the fourth safety on the depth chart. Irvin missed the entire season last year after suffering an Achilles tendon injury in pregame warm-ups for the season opener. Irvin provides a decade of experience in the league and a strong presence both on and off the field. He should find a spot on the roster.

Added to the game:
RG Brandon Newton
Entering Camp
Newton was brought into camp last year to be nothing more than another body. His chances at the roster look bleak again this year, as rookie Marcus Johnson could rise to No. 2 on the depth chart and Anthony Herrera is more valuable because of his ability to back up at center. With Matt Birk still coming back from hip surgery, Herrera becomes even more valuable. Newton, at best, is fighting for a practice squad spot.

RT Rian Melander
Entering Camp
Melander was first team All-Big Ten last year at the University of Minnesota, where he started at left tackle. The native of St. Paul has the home-town edge, but will start camp buried on the depth chart of a deep offensive line. Melander is a long shot for the roster, but Tice likes to keep the locals on the practice squad if he can.

CB Adrian Ward
Entering Camp
Had Ward been in Minnesota two years ago he'd be a lock to make the roster. But with a suddenly crowded depth chart at cornerback, the rookie out of UTEP a mountain to climb. Ward drew praise from the coaching staff in developmental camp. If the Vikings keep five cornerbacks, Ward is likely in. If not, he will get strong consideration for the practice squad.

Position changes:
Shannon Shell was changed from RT to RG