Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why is the slant money play is still there? (/forums/showthread.php?t=136119)

Freelance 08-09-2005 02:53 PM

Why is the slant money play is still there?

I love so much about this game, but one glaring weakness remains from last year.

Slant passes.

I play on All-Pro (don't have the thumbs for Heisman) and I can STILL call the same slant play every single time and go up and down the field, and the defense doesn't adjust. This was my problem with last year's game because I can complete this 95 percent of the time.

Are there sliders or some setting I can change to eliminate this?

Otherwise, I love the game except for all the fair catches.

ehh 08-09-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Why is the slant money play is still there?

I haven't even bought the game, but couldn't the fair catch issue be resolved simply by putting up the punt length slider?

That's what people did in NCAA and it worked very well.

Freelance 08-09-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh
I haven't even bought the game, but couldn't the fair catch issue be resolved simply by putting up the punt length slider?

That's what people did in NCAA and it worked very well.

Did that and it worked better. But I'm worried about the computer defense against the slant.

marino13 08-09-2005 03:43 PM

I know I can't do that all day, but shouldn't the so called adaptive ai stop it?

Freelance 08-09-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marino13
I know I can't do that all day, but shouldn't the so called adaptive ai stop it?

Not on all-pro, it doesn't. If you snap the ball and quickly throw it to the slant, the DB just can't get there.

Not sure of all-Madden, but I don't want to sacrifice my ability to run in order to fix the slant money play.

Freelance 08-09-2005 04:08 PM

Am I the only one having issue with this? lol

LIGHTNING 08-09-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erod
Am I the only one having issue with this? lol

Well the game just came out and lots of people probably still have not found the slant money play yet.

pastapadre 08-09-2005 04:33 PM

I play on All-Madden, and if you run slants all day the CPU will eventually jump it and pick it off.

But in real life, teams can run slants for a high % of success. Its represented well in the game.