Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year! (/forums/showthread.php?t=136145)

USF11 08-09-2005 05:06 PM

Re: Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Okay sorry to sound confused (trust me I am not a madden fanboy, I barely gave 05 a chance) but you gave props to the o-line and the new passing, then how is the game unplayable?

2 small features don't make an enitre game. Compared to NCAA 06, madden isnt worth playing.

p2xgamers 08-09-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmanwa
Quoted for emphasis!!!

Oh okay, never heard that abreviation used before.

Quote:

2 small feature don't make an enitre game. Compared to NCAA 06, madden isnt worth playing.
My point is you said it was unplayable, yet you liked a few features in the game. What else don't you like in Madden?

Sark 08-09-2005 05:09 PM

EA Sports already has $150 of your hard earned bucks, on the strength of "things will be better next time."

I mean sure EA has promised change, but who's to say they'll deliver on 360 the first time around?

Just a thought.

p2xgamers 08-09-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sark
EA Sports already has $150 of your hard earned bucks, on the strength of "things will be better next time."

I mean sure EA has promised change, but who's to say they'll deliver on 360 the first time around?

Just a thought.

Where do you get $150 from? NCAA 06, Madden 06 and Madden 360? (though for some of us, like me, we didn't buy madden and "may" buy madden 06 and 360) If I have a 360 when Madden comes out I will rent it like I'm doing with 06.

Freelance 08-09-2005 05:12 PM

History shows that first-time games on new systems tend to be pretty unpolished.

NFL2K was a joke. Madden was just as bad. The first Madden on PS1 was horrible.

Maybe this'll be different, but your better gameplay is probably on the systems EA already knows real well.

DawgcityClev 08-09-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erod
History shows that first-time games on new systems tend to be pretty unpolished.

Maybe this'll be different, but your better gameplay is probably on the systems EA already knows real well.

We're talking about EA here. I gurantee that Madden on the 360 will be stale and boring. Just a bunch of eye candy for the new XBox owners. Frankly, if I even bother with an XBox 360, I'm looking forward to other games that I've seen for it. Mainly basketball. But I'm not sure I'll buy one since I'm getting the PS3.

p2xgamers 08-09-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erod

I suppose your right but I think there will be some revolutionary (heh) features and the animations will more than likely be better than we have ever seen before, but the new engine will probably be rusty at first.

USCTrojan83 08-09-2005 05:21 PM

Do any of the EA or even 2K Bashers ever think that if EVERYTHING you wanted to be done/fixed in the game was done in one year that there would be nothing left to accomplish in the game. You would then proceed to purchase roster updates every year from EA for $50 a pop. Whether you think you're doing that right now or not is a matter of opinion. EA would hit the wall with madden and boom its gone because sales diminish and nobody is satisfied. But the improved precision passing, vision cone, and truck stick are some major additions.

It seems all you guys do is moan and complain if you think Madden blows then fine. It blows to you. Rent the game before you throw $50 + tax on a game that you complain about every year. Take a step back 5 years when PS2/XBOX werent around and look at the developments. Too many people on these threads are soooo needy. Take the bottle out of your mouth and grow up.

Sorry for the explosion but the game has been out for 14 hours!!! :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:: drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::d rink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: