Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year! (/forums/showthread.php?t=136145)

USF11 08-09-2005 05:22 PM

Re: Thank God there is another Madden coming out this year!

Madden (+)'s

- Cone of Vision (Keeps it Real)
- Run Blocking (O-Line agressively seek out defenders)
- Accelerated Clock (Allows for realistic stats during games)
- Size of O & D playbooks & Variety of Formations

Madden (-)'s

- Controls are Bad (#1 rule of all EA Games is great control)
- Pre Snap adjustments (It's a giant cluster%&%*)
- Passing Velocity(Seems slow)
- Game speed (Lacks the dynamic feel of NCAA)
- Stadium Atmoshpere (Super Bowl and Preseason Games feel the same)
- Player Attributes dont change in game.( Been Sacked 10 times? doesnt matter Arm Str and Acc stay the same.)

The lack of atmosphere combined with sup par EA controls and a lack of a dynamic feeling of speed is a absolute game killer for me!

Madden 2001 for PS2 was light years ahead of anything else at the time how can anyone bash that game. Madden 360 should make the same leap.

CubFan78 08-09-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Sorry to sound rude, but DUH! Seriously, Madden 360 will be the first game for the new generation and they are going to want to have the first one be great.

Also there may not be much new but much of it improves the game. (passing cone, much improved running game, precision passing, etc.)

The first one be great???? The first "new" Madden for PS2 was a real stinker. I bought the X-Box version even though I am getting a 360 just cuz I always fear first titles on new consoles because they never live up to the polish of the previous version. It all depends on how different coding for xbox360 will be. If its very similar then it might be great, if now, stinksville

We'll see, I will definitely rent it in between playing other 360 games.

Havok410 08-09-2005 05:35 PM

Seriously, HOW IS NCAA 2006 SOOO much better then Madden? Madden has 90 % of the features in Ncaa and about 20 more that Ncaa doesn't have. Not to mention it's basically the same engine except that Madden's is 3 years ahead and more polished. Seems to me that you either played the for one hour or never played it at all. Im not saying Madden06 is perfect but it's easily better then Ncaa '06 (and i thought Ncaa was a pretty good game) and a damn good game with alot of improvements. List some "MAJOR" improvements that you want to see in "Madden" USF. Im guessing that you won't be able to come up with ANY "major improvements". There are plenty of new stuff in Madden 06. Just seems like some people have a vendetta against Madden.

Anaxamander 08-09-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:: drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::d rink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Please, please tell me you didn't type all of those. 'Cause I'm thinking that you typed all of those...

USCTrojan83 08-09-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Please, please tell me you didn't type all of those. 'Cause I'm thinking that you typed all of those...

No copy and pasted :drink: like 10 times...I was just frustrated and started banging the keyboard:waytogo:

jerry0211 08-09-2005 05:41 PM

What does USF11 stand for? Do you go to South Florida?

Havok410 08-09-2005 05:42 PM

Madden (-)'s

1. Controls are Bad (#1 rule of all EA Games is great control)
2. Pre Snap adjustments (It's a giant cluster%&%*)
3. Passing Velocity(Seems slow)
4. Game speed (Lacks the dynamic feel of NCAA)
5. Stadium Atmoshpere (Super Bowl and Preseason Games feel the same)
6. Player Attributes dont change in game.( Been Sacked 10 times? doesnt matter Arm Str and Acc stay the same.)

1. The controls aren't even close to being bad. Just seems to me that you are confused and overwhelmed by all the different things you can do with the controller. No t too mention you only had the game for 1 DAY!!!!!! It takes time to get used to controls.

2. So you would rather want NO ADJUSTMENTS PRESNAP? That improves the game greatly! You're sounding like a casual game after that dumb**s statement.

3. LOL!!!! Are you kidding me?

4. Wow...the speed is A TAD bit slower and now its bad? Give me a break...

5. Why do you care so much about this? It's really not that big of a deal. If you want real atmosphere go to a REAL GAME!

6. Once again....are YOU KIDDING ME? This is your idea of a "flaw"?

I think that you either have a huge vendetta against EA, played the game for 1 hour, never played the game, or are plain and simple....A CASUAL madden gamer. The minuses are complete jokes.

Freelance 08-09-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
We're talking about EA here. I gurantee that Madden on the 360 will be stale and boring. Just a bunch of eye candy for the new XBox owners. Frankly, if I even bother with an XBox 360, I'm looking forward to other games that I've seen for it. Mainly basketball. But I'm not sure I'll buy one since I'm getting the PS3.

Let me save you the trouble. No one's paying attention to you. Your agenda is plain as day.