Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   need help with avoiding the pass rush(qb vision) (/forums/showthread.php?t=136323)

daboywonder2002 08-10-2005 09:42 AM

need help with avoiding the pass rush(qb vision)

ok guys im a former 2k5 player and while i do enjoy maddden. i do have some problems adjusting to this game. i have a few questions i would like answered please.
1. with using the cone, it takes too long to avoid the blitz. basically when a blitz is coming, you have about 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. can i use another button besides the r2 stick to move the cone. its hard for me to control the left stick for moving my qb around, the right stick for the cone and then i gotta press the intended receivers button. i love the realism. but this stuff takes time. no way you can do all this in 3 seconds.

2. is there any way i can hot block. for example in 2k5. you could leave your running back to block for you. how do i do that on ps2? (this question has been answered on madden nation)

3. so far i played with trent dilfer, byron leftwich, and trent green. Only green has been a monster in the game, completing about 52 percent of his passes. the ai controlled db's are way too good on all pro. the only passes im completing are to my running backs and of course tony gonzales. my receivers arent getting any separation from the cornerbacks. In football, u can always find creases in the defense. also, you should be able to take advantage of one on one matchups. but i havent been able to . beause of 1)i feel like i am rushed into throwing the ball(pass protection sucks in this game) and 2)the corners and safeties are like gods in this game. pLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

4. what is the best camera view to use so i can see the whole field. on my tv, i can only see the middle of the field. i dont see the left and right sides until i move the cone there.i wanna be able to scan the field frst. then move my cone once i see a receiver get open

hitmanwa 08-10-2005 09:48 AM

Re: need help with avoiding the pass rush(qb vision)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daboywonder2002
ok guys im a former 2k5 player and while i do enjoy maddden. i do have some problems adjusting to this game. i have a few questions i would like answered please.
1. with using the cone, it takes too long to avoid the blitz. basically when a blitz is coming, you have about 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. can i use another button besides the r2 stick to move the cone. its hard for me to control the left stick for moving my qb around, the right stick for the cone and then i gotta press the intended receivers button. i love the realism. but this stuff takes time. no way you can do all this in 3 seconds.

2. is there any way i can hot block. for example in 2k5. you could leave your running back to block for you. how do i do that on ps2? (this question has been answered on madden nation)

3. so far i played with trent dilfer, byron leftwich, and trent green. Only green has been a monster in the game, completing about 52 percent of his passes. the ai controlled db's are way too good on all pro. the only passes im completing are to my running backs and of course tony gonzales. my receivers arent getting any separation from the cornerbacks. In football, u can always find creases in the defense. also, you should be able to take advantage of one on one matchups. but i havent been able to . beause of 1)i feel like i am rushed into throwing the ball(pass protection sucks in this game) and 2)the corners and safeties are like gods in this game. pLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

4. what is the best camera view to use so i can see the whole field. on my tv, i can only see the middle of the field. i dont see the left and right sides until i move the cone there.i wanna be able to scan the field frst. then move my cone once i see a receiver get open

Question 2, hot route your FB, RB or both to a block. I have xbox so I can't tell you which buttons to push but to block with those two you use the Hot Route Slants if I'm not mistaken.