Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question about custom soundtracks (/forums/showthread.php?t=136331)

Badgun 08-10-2005 10:15 AM

Question about custom soundtracks

Am I doing something wrong or is the custom soundtrack option pretty much worthless? I went in to the jukebox and turned off all that rap crap and added about 20 songs of my own. Then I played a game and during the game I heard all of the awful music that I had just turned off. Also I didn't hear any of my songs during the game, just in the menus.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere else in order to get the music I want to be played during the games or is this another great EA idea where the custom soundtrack feature works where you spend 10% of your time, but doesn't work where you spend 90% of your time?

Gilateen 08-10-2005 11:34 AM

Re: Question about custom soundtracks

Sorry you cant hear the custom soundtracks in the game. Only in 03...

Choker 08-12-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgun
Am I doing something wrong or is the custom soundtrack option pretty much worthless? I went in to the jukebox and turned off all that rap crap and added about 20 songs of my own. Then I played a game and during the game I heard all of the awful music that I had just turned off. Also I didn't hear any of my songs during the game, just in the menus.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere else in order to get the music I want to be played during the games or is this another great EA idea where the custom soundtrack feature works where you spend 10% of your time, but doesn't work where you spend 90% of your time?

I thought I did something wrong too, but nope, I hear all the crap I turned off.

This was my first madden for xbox. I wish it was like 2k5 in that regard.

Mizzou23 08-12-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choker
I thought I did something wrong too, but nope, I hear all the crap I turned off.

This was my first madden for xbox. I wish it was like 2k5 in that regard.

Yeah, the way you could choose your in game sounds last year in 2k was sweet. Wish they had that option in Madden.

KRS-One 08-12-2005 02:20 PM

Any "rap" song in a video game is gonna suck...Tech N9ne is usually amazing with his delivery and cadence but his track in the game blows.

But no, you can't turn it off in the game. And of course, custom soundtracks are really pointless for me, I have the drive on my XBOX that can't read burned CD's.

Aggies7 08-12-2005 03:53 PM

Yea you didnt do anything wrong its the game, not you dont worry. But however you did do something extremely correct........turned the rap stuff off. Sorry to all the rap fans out there. Anyways has anyone heard the NFL films original music in a game(no the remixes)?

inkcil 08-12-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRS-One
Any "rap" song in a video game is gonna suck...Tech N9ne is usually amazing with his delivery and cadence but his track in the game blows.

But no, you can't turn it off in the game. And of course, custom soundtracks are really pointless for me, I have the drive on my XBOX that can't read burned CD's.

Which drive do you have? The Thompson?

blackceasar 08-12-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRS-One

Well the "rap" song sucking in video games is gonna change with NBA 2k6. Have you seen the lineup? REAL hip hop artists. The Roots, Common, etc. Not that crap that record companies crank out so Bobby and Tommy in the suburbs can get thier taste of "ghetto life" lol