Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06 (/forums/showthread.php?t=136338)

Amidst The Blather 08-10-2005 10:45 AM

Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

With all apologies to Peter King, here are the "Ten Things I Think I Think" about Madden 06.

1. I think that if the "Vision and Precision" system had come from any other publisher besides EA, it would be hailed as one of the great innovations in...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

Rules 08-10-2005 11:08 AM

Re: Ten Things I Think I Think About Madden 06

I think ESPN NFL 2k had precision passing and it took EA how many years to finally put in their game?

NovaStar 08-10-2005 11:11 AM

Great read Fossen. I honestly believe you are correct wholeheartedly concerning the cone thing. I however firmly believe that the greatest accomplishment in video football was the VIP system VC/TT came up with last year. I mean that still boggles my mind that you can actually create someone elses tendencies. Again, entertaining read.

Graphik 08-10-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rules
I think ESPN NFL 2k had precision passing and it took EA how many years to finally put in their game?

I know I'm not nuts, but did'nt Madden have precision passing in the past? I remember clearly leading my recievers in years past and it was'nt in 2K. All this talk about it being a new feature has me kinda confused.

And I agree with #1 also. If any other company came out with V&P, everything, from the Madden fans reactions to other companies fans' reactions would be completely diffrent right now.

Rules 08-10-2005 11:17 AM

I am one of the few who actually enjoy the vision system this year. It brings another dimension and another difficulty level to separate the men from the boys.

Rules 08-10-2005 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphik
I know I'm not nuts, but did'nt Madden have precision passing in the past? I remember clearly leading my recievers in years past and it was'nt in 2K. All this talk about it being a new feature has me kinda confused.

And I agree with #1 also. If any other company came out with V&P, everything, from the Madden fans reactions to other companies fans' reactions would be completely diffrent right now.

No, EA always had a reason why you couldn't lead your receivers in the past. Was it Game Day that would allow you to throw to a specific spot on the field???? I would like to see a small marker move around the field to give you more control but I think too many would cry foul as it would boost the difficulty level by a mile. However, it would be a great option to have that one could turn on or off like in baseball.

The Chef 08-10-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rules
No, EA always had a reason why you couldn't lead your receivers in the past. Was it Game Day that would allow you to throw to a specific spot on the field???? I would like to see a small marker move around the field to give you more control but I think too many would cry foul as it would boost the difficulty level by a mile. However, it would be a great option to have that one could turn on or off like in baseball.

Im pretty sure that Madden allowed you to lead your receivers anyway you wanted to also. In fact they had a slider for the sensativity of this just last year also, I just cant remember the exact name of the slider, I believe it was under the controller options, same place where you would set the sub in/sub out levels.

augustus 08-10-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimping219
Im pretty sure that Madden allowed you to lead your receivers anyway you wanted to also. In fact they had a slider for the sensativity of this just last year also, I just cant remember the exact name of the slider, I believe it was under the controller options, same place where you would set the sub in/sub out levels.

you are absolutely right. in Madden 04' there was a pass lead slider and this was essentially ESPN's Maximum Passing system.