Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   no more "Hot blocks" (/forums/showthread.php?t=136361)

DocHolliday 08-10-2005 12:24 PM

no more "Hot blocks"

what happened to being able to get your RB's and tightends to stay in and block if you see a blitz?

it use to be hot route, then B or W button.

anybody?

Toper 08-10-2005 12:37 PM

Re: no more "Hot blocks"

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
what happened to being able to get your RB's and tightends to stay in and block if you see a blitz?

it use to be hot route, then B or W button.

anybody?

I noticed this too...it's now hot route then L or R button (for xbox)...don't know why they changed it.

Toper

Beantown 08-10-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toper
I noticed this too...it's now hot route then L or R button (for xbox)...don't know why they changed it.

Toper

They changed it because the black/white buttons are now reciever Icons, while the L/R buttons are not.

JT30 08-10-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toper

Toper

How do you do this for the xbox?

I press Y for a hot route and then you are supposed to choose a receiver.. ok so say the HB is the B button. I press Y to call houte route and then B to choose that receiver then I have to press the d pad to assign a route or the L/R trigger. According to the manual the L/R trigger calls a slant pattern. I dont see anything as to how to make them stay in and block

vertekal 08-10-2005 01:15 PM

If the receiver you picked during the hot route is a HB, FB or TE, the L/R trigger makes them block left/right. There's no hot route slants for those guys. For a WR, the L/R does slant routes though.

JT30 08-10-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT30

I press Y for a hot route and then you are supposed to choose a receiver.. ok so say the HB is the B button. I press Y to call houte route and then B to choose that receiver then I have to press the d pad to assign a route or the L/R trigger. According to the manual the L/R trigger calls a slant pattern. I dont see anything as to how to make them stay in and block

Actually I checked and to change the blocking assignment or pass pattern of a back you press Y to call out a hot route and then the button corresponding to the back and then the white or black button to change the assigment to left (white) or right (black)

coogrfan 08-10-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT30

In the past only wr's would do the slant hot route, the same set of button combos used in conjunction w/a back or a te would result in that player staying in to block. Give it a shot in practice mode and see if it's still the same.

jdros13 08-10-2005 01:21 PM

I really wish the NCAA guys and the Madden guys would get together and try and make their control set ups much closer to each other. There is no reason that the two couldn't be very similar unlike now where I keep hitting the R-Stick to juke and I can't seem to find the Black and White buttons to throw to my receivers instead of the L&R buttons. There is absolutely no reason Madden couldn't have done this, and it would make both games much easier to play out of the box if the control set up was the same....oh well.