Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Kicking HELP (/forums/showthread.php?t=136397)

feeq14 08-10-2005 03:11 PM

Kicking HELP

I suck at kicking this year, i cant turn Easy play on on all pro, it seems like the meeter moves a a different speed every time i kick, anyone got any ideas help

southpaww 08-10-2005 03:13 PM

Re: Kicking HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by feeq14
I suck at kicking this year, i cant turn Easy play on on all pro, it seems like the meeter moves a a different speed every time i kick, anyone got any ideas help

LOL same problem dude, the first game I played I swear I could NOT kick it straight<--had lots of penalties on kickoffs

Anyway, I went into practice mode with the team I was using most and practiced kicking there and it helped me a lot.

Steve_OS 08-10-2005 03:14 PM

Definitely hit the practice field!

mudtiger 08-10-2005 03:15 PM

Hit the practice field and stop the meter at around 85 to 90 on the power part. When you go above 90, that is when the speed on the down swing really can mess you up.

burger13 08-10-2005 03:39 PM

Seems to me that the meter moves at varying speeds for different players, and even at different speeds on a kickoff vs a FG with the same Kicker. While this is kind of cool, it can create a problem for those who like to play with different teams all of the time.

sap0321 08-10-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burger13
Seems to me that the meter moves at varying speeds for different players, and even at different speeds on a kickoff vs a FG with the same Kicker. While this is kind of cool, it can create a problem for those who like to play with different teams all of the time.

I haven't played enough yet to tell if different kickers/punters move at different speeds - but the obvious thing was that the downward meter moves faster than the initial upward meter so those of you who are trained to have a "rythmn" to how you 3-click will have trouble - you have to be prepared to click the 3rd time faster than you have in the past.

I SUCKED for a long time last night playing! I basically felt like I had to click the 3rd time almost immediately after i clicked the 2nd time!

(All-pro level)