Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   why is the defense like superfast?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=136554)

daboywonder2002 08-11-2005 11:05 AM

why is the defense like superfast??

along with the special teams. i mean, me and my boy were playing against each other and neither one of us could even return a kick or a punt back a few yards. as soon as we catch the ball, someone is waiting right there to tackle you. so far, we have had about 4 fumbled punts returned for tds because of this.

2) how do u scramble? cause i had mike vick and i was holding down l2. but it seemed like the defense was just as fast as he was. and there is no way a linebacker should be jsut as fast as mike vick. and i was going against the saints defense

scmaharaj03 08-11-2005 11:11 AM

Re: why is the defense like superfast??

welcome 2 the nfl...linebackers run 4.7-4.9 40's...vick runs a 4.6....its possible, its more realistic this year then it has been since sega

xxzone 08-11-2005 11:17 AM

I agree with this. It is out of whack. If someone is comming at me from an angle they fly to me! If they are running from behind me it's not so fast. While I know an angle should help, the persuit speed is way to fast on default. I'm sure a slider could easily fix this though.

To scramble this year you just have to hold down the same button you use to snap the ball.

dunelly 08-11-2005 12:24 PM

i thought vick ran a 4.2-4.3

DickDalewood 08-11-2005 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daboywonder2002
along with the special teams. i mean, me and my boy were playing against each other and neither one of us could even return a kick or a punt back a few yards. as soon as we catch the ball, someone is waiting right there to tackle you. so far, we have had about 4 fumbled punts returned for tds because of this.

2) how do u scramble? cause i had mike vick and i was holding down l2. but it seemed like the defense was just as fast as he was. and there is no way a linebacker should be jsut as fast as mike vick. and i was going against the saints defense

Were you holding down L2 AND X?? You have to hold down X as well to sprint, L2 does nothing other than to enable you to use all the rushing options: L2 + O spins, L2 + R1/R2 jukes, L2 + X sprints, etc...

Swervekid 08-11-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunelly
i thought vick ran a 4.2-4.3

Nah I don't think so, that is really fast, some of the fastest corners don't even run that.

Nevermind, just checked the internet and says he ran a 4.25 so you were right, wow that is freakin fast.

GregO 08-11-2005 12:57 PM

1. Because, the pro game is faster then the college game (if you are used to NCAA 06)
2. Just hold X if you are playing on the PS2, not sure about the Xbox, though...You can also throw on the scramble which is pretty cool