Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Double Coverage Help (/forums/showthread.php?t=136558)

theexcommish 08-11-2005 11:53 AM

Double Coverage Help

I hope you're all enjoying Madden 06 as much as I am, but I need some quick help. Can someone shed some light on how to manually double cover a receiver this year? I play on the PS2 and last year the controls were Triangle, receiver icon, right on the d-pad. I believe this has changed this year. Some help please. Thanks.

coogrfan 08-11-2005 12:13 PM

Re: Double Coverage Help

According to the Prima guide, it hasn't changed. I don't know what to tell you... :frown:

theexcommish 08-11-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coogrfan
According to the Prima guide, it hasn't changed. I don't know what to tell you... :frown:

Doesn't seem to work; maybe it's user error. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

coogrfan 08-11-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexcommish
Doesn't seem to work; maybe it's user error. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Could it have something to do with the man lock feature? I believe that if it's set to off, defenders in man coverage don't move towards their man until after the ball is snapped. That would apply to any safeties double-teaming a receiver as well.

theexcommish 08-11-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Could it have something to do with the man lock feature? I believe that if it's set to off, defenders in man coverage don't move towards their man until after the ball is snapped. That would apply to any safeties double-teaming a receiver as well.

Maybe, but I usually have the Man Lock ON. I think the Prima guide might be incorrect. I think the way to manually double cover is to Select the defender you want to use to double cover, Triangle, Icon the Receiver, and the the Right button on the dpad. It's a lot to do before a snap. I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.

coogrfan 08-11-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but I usually have the Man Lock ON. I think the Prima guide might be incorrect. I think the way to manually double cover is to Select the defender you want to use to double cover, Triangle, Icon the Receiver, and the the Right button on the dpad. It's a lot to do before a snap. I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.

I misread your initial post, I had assumed you were doing the first step (I'm pretty sure you had to do it that way last year as well). You have got it right now (per the guide "d-pad right to double team the receiver with the highlighted defender").

theexcommish 08-11-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

I misread your initial post, I had assumed you were doing the first step (I'm pretty sure you had to do it that way last year as well). You have got it right now (per the guide "d-pad right to double team the receiver with the highlighted defender").

Thanks.

crumpled_heap 08-26-2005 04:10 AM

Quote:

I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.

The only problem with that is that those plays have one of the linebackers blitzing.