Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sidelines To Boring (/forums/showthread.php?t=136559)

CountryField04 08-11-2005 12:02 PM

Sidelines To Boring

Once again, the sidelines are boring because of the lack of cheerleaders and other realistic touches.

What happened to if it's in the game, it's in the game?

Alliball 08-11-2005 12:07 PM

Re: Sidelines To Boring

I can't believe people actually care about stuff like this. It's what's between the lines, not what's outside them.

jake44np 08-11-2005 12:09 PM

Cheerleaders ARE NOT IN THE GAME, they are on the sidelines!

Phillmattic 08-11-2005 12:22 PM

Do people just look for stuff to complain about just so they can post a topic?

DGetz 08-11-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake44np
Cheerleaders ARE NOT IN THE GAME, they are on the sidelines!

Nice.

I too find it odd that people give so much attention to minute details like this. This is why, in some sense, I think eary games are better. When I played Madden '95, even though I was only 10 years old I understand it was an incredibly imperfect representation of NFL football. But it was what it was: a football game that in many ways didn't resemble real football but was fun as anything. Now I think there is a tendancy for people to get used to how detailed games have become; they want them to be perfect simulation of real life and that's something that is never going to happen. It's fair to have higher standards and complain about something that's a real problem buy I think people ought to still accept these things for what they are: Games, for fun, not true-to-life-in-every-fashion simulations.

Deltron 08-11-2005 12:41 PM

I don't consider the crowd and other elements like the stadium minor. I like the fact the they try to make the stadiums and game atmosphere as real as possible. It still needs a lot of improvement as well as the presentation. Nothing wrong with asking for improvement in those regards. It helps to make the game more real to life and more fun to play.

rdhamilton 08-11-2005 12:49 PM

For me I think most of the things on the sideline don't really matter, I think it would be a good idea to see players from the offense and defense running on/off the field when certain formations or packages change though.

Rhudey 08-11-2005 12:58 PM

My god, with all the things that do need improvements why on earth do the sidelines matter? Really, I couldn't care less about cheerleaders and coaches, etc. I cannot believe that people complain about things as trivial as this.