Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I want to like Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=136635)

mazhirui 08-11-2005 05:51 PM

I want to like Madden

I really do. But for 2-3 years straight now, NCAA is simply plays a much better game of football for me and for the second straight year, I think I'm going to be taking Madden back. After playing several games, I'm just not having fun. I feel like I have so little control over what's going on out there. I'm going to keep playing for a little while longer, but it hasn't gone well to this point.

Maybe Jistic will post some sliders or something, he always seems to get it right.

KRS-One 08-11-2005 05:53 PM

Re: I want to like Madden

Meh....I found NCAA to be boring and simple this year...

Madden is also pretty easy...even on All-Madden for the most part, but it feels better and gives you more control and makes you really think more.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. :D

feeq14 08-11-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazhirui
I really do. But for 2-3 years straight now, NCAA is simply plays a much better game of football for me and for the second straight year, I think I'm going to be taking Madden back. After playing several games, I'm just not having fun. I feel like I have so little control over what's going on out there. I'm going to keep playing for a little while longer, but it hasn't gone well to this point.

Maybe Jistic will post some sliders or something, he always seems to get it right.

I disagree with you, i dont understand what the game of football is for you, i know there are many things that could be improved about the game, but i havent loved a football game like this since tecmo super bowl.

I have NCAA and i like it too but its NFL Blitz compared to madden, its still fun and if you like high scoring games, wide open big plays and Arcadish control over the players then it will surely be superior to madden to you, but if you are a serious hardcore fan of football and realistic football gameplay then you should really keep at madden.

mazhirui 08-11-2005 06:01 PM

Well college football is much more wide open and high flying than the NFL game. Maybe that's what it comes down to, I'm just more of a college football fan. I can't even sit through an entire NFL game anymore, unless its the Bengals (and in the lean years, not even their games).

I'm not even saying there are glaring flaws with Madden that I don't like. It's just the overall feel of the game. NCAA is simply more fun while absolutely recreating the college game accurately.

smitty22 08-11-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazhirui

i agree man. i wanted to like this game but i already sold it. took a loss but atleast i am not stuck playing a crappy game. i can go back to ncaa now