Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question about manually editing rosters. (/forums/showthread.php?t=136752)

Drag66 08-12-2005 09:02 AM

Question about manually editing rosters.

I manually edited my roster, the Dolphins, and added Ricky Williams and Lance Schulters. I created Ricky as about an 85 overall. When I added Ricky and Shulters to my team, and my overall team rating went from a 70 to an 87. I know that Ricky and Shulters improve my team, but by 17 points? I also noticed a difference in playing the computer after this. I was struggling to win games before I edited the roster, but now I have won a few in a row by comfortable margins.

I even checked last night and JUST added Schulters to my default roster and my overall went from 70 to 85 (Defense went from 79 to 87 and offesne went from 70 to 84). Why in the world is my offensive rating incerasing when I am adding a defensive player? Since my overall increased significantly, I have been dominating games against the Steelers and Chargers on All-Pro (27-10 and 24 to 6 respectively). When using the default rosters (without Ricky or Schulters) , I struggled big time against both teams. This is frustrating. Anyone else see this?

GaloTorres 08-12-2005 09:12 AM

Re: Question about manually editing rosters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag66
I manually edited my roster, the Dolphins, and added Ricky Williams and Lance Schulters. I created Ricky as about an 85 overall. When I added Ricky and Shulters to my team, and my overall team rating went from a 70 to an 87. I know that Ricky and Shulters improve my team, but by 17 points? I also noticed a difference in playing the computer after this. I was struggling to win games before I edited the roster, but now I have won a few in a row by comfortable margins.

I even checked last night and JUST added Schulters to my default roster and my overall went from 70 to 85 (Defense went from 79 to 87 and offesne went from 70 to 84). Why in the world is my offensive rating incerasing when I am adding a defensive player? Since my overall increased significantly, I have been dominating games against the Steelers and Chargers on All-Pro (27-10 and 24 to 6 respectively). When using the default rosters (without Ricky or Schulters) , I struggled big time against both teams. This is frustrating. Anyone else see this?

yeah man its a glitch in the game... but it has nothing to do with who you created and singed..

i use the giants and default rosters they are about a 72 rated team but then i moved up Brandon Jacobs from 3rd string to second string behind tiki on the depth chart and mind it that he is rated lower then cloud who was the second stringer.. after i did this small depth chart adjustment my team went from 72 to 86 overall for that one move that did not even affect the starters... so its a glitch

and the worst part is that when you donwload the new rosters on xbox live to play the giants are 72 but when you save them to your off line play and then make the depth chart change and play an off-line game the giants are 86 and then you go straight to on-line from there without turning the game off the giants on line will be 86 also...

Drag66 08-12-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaloTorres
yeah man its a glitch in the game... but it has nothing to do with who you created and singed..

i use the giants and default rosters they are about a 72 rated team but then i moved up Brandon Jacobs from 3rd string to second string behind tiki on the depth chart and mind it that he is rated lower then cloud who was the second stringer.. after i did this small depth chart adjustment my team went from 72 to 86 overall for that one move that did not even affect the starters... so its a glitch

and the worst part is that when you donwload the new rosters on xbox live to play the giants are 72 but when you save them to your off line play and then make the depth chart change and play an off-line game the giants are 86 and then you go straight to on-line from there without turning the game off the giants on line will be 86 also...

GaloTorres, do you think teh overall incerase affects games against the CPU. In other words, are you finding it easier against the CPU with the adjusted roster as opposed to teh default roster? The Dolphins are going to suck this year (I am an honest fan), I don't want to go 13-3 with them.:)

GaloTorres 08-12-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

GaloTorres, do you think teh overall incerase affects games against the CPU. In other words, are you finding it easier against the CPU with the adjusted roster as opposed to teh default roster? The Dolphins are going to suck this year (I am an honest fan), I don't want to go 13-3 with them.:)

i mean i dont see how it can affect games cuz the ratings for the players stay the same.. but i play on all madden and still cant win a game.

i played the niners who are like 69 or something like that with my giants and got spanked 24-10

the cpu on offense in all madden throws nice passes and runs the ball like 30 times a game..

i say it does not affect it but it sucks to see that.. lol

CM Hooe 08-12-2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

What you are referring to has been in Madden as long as I have been playing the series (since Madden 2001 PS2). As far as I can tell, the numbers for the team ratings on the default roster are just pulled from a hat and have little to do with the ratings of personnel on the team. If you auto-reorder the depth charts for all the teams, all the teams will be in the 80s. Even if you don't do this, if you look at the game information on games in Franchise Mode (or the box score), the team ratings will be calculated in the same manner.

I want to say that the reason for this existing is two-fold: 1) the formula for calculating the overall values of teams needs to be adjusted, and 2) player ratings on the whole in Madden have been inflated since Madden 2004. Practically every starter in the league that isn't a rookie is at an 80+, and they give way too much respect to older players, particularly on the offensive line, that are in the decline.

Drag66 08-12-2005 09:41 AM

I didn't know this has been in the series since 2001. I sparingly played 2001 to 2004 - played NCAA from 2002 to 2004. I played 2005 for a few seasons, but never noticed this (never paid attention). Good point, it is obviously a flaw in teh code, but sine the individual player ratings don't change, I'll deal. Maybe it was just in my head that I was better after adding Ricky and Schulters. I have read from some others who have said that the CPU offense on All-pro is pretty weak. Maybe I'll jump up to All-Madden soon. Then I'll defintely get my butt kicked.

GaloTorres 08-12-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

I didn't know this has been in the series since 2001. I sparingly played 2001 to 2004 - played NCAA from 2002 to 2004. I played 2005 for a few seasons, but never noticed this (never paid attention). Good point, it is obviously a flaw in teh code, but sine the individual player ratings don't change, I'll deal. Maybe it was just in my head that I was better after adding Ricky and Schulters. I have read from some others who have said that the CPU offense on All-pro is pretty weak. Maybe I'll jump up to All-Madden soon. Then I'll defintely get my butt kicked.

ohh yea all madden will be kicking your butt for a while