Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad Snaps happen! (/forums/showthread.php?t=136821)

bcruise 08-12-2005 03:55 PM

Bad Snaps happen!

I just saw something I've never seen in a Madden game. My brother's playing SS mode with his RFTH quarterback, playing as Miami. On a 3rd and long Shotgun play, the center snapped it right over his QB's head! I didn't believe it at first when he came to tell me about it (I didn't see it live), but he showed me the replay.

Anyone else see this?

Aggies7 08-12-2005 03:56 PM

Re: Bad Snaps happen!

I sure hope someone can confirm this cause this would be a great addition. I have seen high snaps, but not over the QB's head.

southpaww 08-12-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggies7
I sure hope someone can confirm this cause this would be a great addition. I have seen high snaps, but not over the QB's head.

Yeah, I've only seen high snaps....and snaps to the right or left on punts but thats it.

bcruise 08-12-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately I have no way of confirming it, because I don't have a digital camera, and he didn't save the replay. But I can assure you it DID happen. It was recovered behind the QB by the opposing Steelers.

It was a preseason game too, but the starters were still playing - 2nd quarter.

Aggies7 08-12-2005 04:12 PM

Sorry man I believe you I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen it, now when I get off work I am going home and doing practice and staying in shotgun til it happens, haha.

bcruise 08-12-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Sorry man I believe you I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen it, now when I get off work I am going home and doing practice and staying in shotgun til it happens, haha.

It's so weird.....it was one of those things that just screams glitch, but I just don't think it was. The QB jumped up like he normally does to pull down a high snap (I'm sure you've seen that), but the trajectory on this one was just a little higher, and it went right over the top of his fingertips. But he ran several other shotgun plays after that (while I was watching) and it didn't happen again.

The weather was clear, and this was on PS2, BTW.

southpaww 08-12-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcruise
It's so weird.....it was one of those things just just screams glitch, but I just don't think it was. The QB jumped up like he normally does to pull down a high snap (I'm sure you've seen that), but the trajectory on this one was just a little higher, and it went right over the top of his fingertips. But he ran several other shotgun plays after that (while I was watching) and it didn't happen again.

The weather was clear, and this was on PS2, BTW.

Huh, that is weird....

By the way what team was he using?

bcruise 08-12-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpaww
Huh, that is weird....

By the way what team was he using?

Miami, against Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh. And like I said, his RFTH QB was in the game, not Feeley.