Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SEC Dropoff in Dynasty? (/forums/showthread.php?t=136865)

LSUFan2004 08-12-2005 09:04 PM

SEC Dropoff in Dynasty?

I have noticed that after 2 or 3 years, the SEC gets pretty weak with almost nothing but B- ratings for most of the offenses and defenses. The only tough team on my schedule is Tennesee, i don't suppose there is any way to counteract this, is there?

3rdAnswer 08-12-2005 09:08 PM

Re: SEC Dropoff in Dynasty?

Nope. It happens in real life, dude. The SEC won't be the greatest forever. I'm seeing the ACC really good right now, and the Pac-10 isn't bad either, but the Big East and Big 12 are pitiful in my dynasty. Florida did win the championship in year 2 for me though.

ex carrabba fan 08-12-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUFan2004
I have noticed that after 2 or 3 years, the SEC gets pretty weak with almost nothing but B- ratings for most of the offenses and defenses. The only tough team on my schedule is Tennesee, i don't suppose there is any way to counteract this, is there?

im kentucky (heisman dont know if it matters) and in my fourth year. georgia, tennesee (A-), florida, south carolina are all B+. im happy that they all stayed strong.. im B+ myself, so 5 teams with B+ ratings.. its gettting really fun.

sorry. and no i dont really know anything to counteract that. that would be extremely boring though.

Kentucky3D 08-13-2005 12:26 AM

I'm in Fifth year with Kentucky, and Tennessee is A- overall, LSU is A overall, Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, and South Carolina are all B+'s. And my Kentucky team is an A overall.

dkgojackets 08-13-2005 12:46 AM

Im around 2015 or so and Florida and South Carolina are routinely top ten, but the big twelve dominates.

A little offtopic, but the Big East absolutely SUCKS now. Rutgers is three star, everyone else below. Its like an ACC filled with Duke and UNC. I took a job at West Virginia after they went winless, and in two years (still a 1 star team) won the conference to go to the Sugar Bowl. I did lose nonconference games to Kent St. and some other team at the bottom of 1A. Conference games are the only thing keeping four teams from finishing winless....absolutely awful.

LSUFan2004 08-13-2005 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
Nope. It happens in real life, dude. The SEC won't be the greatest forever. I'm seeing the ACC really good right now, and the Pac-10 isn't bad either, but the Big East and Big 12 are pitiful in my dynasty. Florida did win the championship in year 2 for me though.

I mean I understand having down years, but i find it hard to believe that in 2007 LSU and Tennesee will be the only SEC teams that can even think about being in the top 25.

Lebron 4 MVP 08-13-2005 03:12 PM

SEC is strong in my game but the Big East...ahh

CM1847 08-13-2005 03:47 PM

SEC is doing fine in mine. Year 3 and currently 5 SEC teams in the top 25(Florida, Auburn, Tenn., South Carolina and Georgia). Tied with the Big 12 for most teams in the top 25 by a conference. Oddly enough, LSU is the highest rated SEC team with an A-, but isn't ranked at 2-2.