Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is up with the pass blocking bug? (/forums/showthread.php?t=136874)

AuburnAlumni 08-12-2005 09:55 PM

What is up with the pass blocking bug?

I can't be the only one seeing this...

But multiple times in a game...a guard, tackle, or RB left in to block a DL will simply "stand there" and let a D lineman run right around them.

They even turn to face the D lineman, but never "engage".

I say this because I just watched my 89 rated Guard AND my tailback let a DT run by BOTH of them..without so much as a nudge.

It's disturbing because I see this kind of "WTF play" happen about 2-3 times a game.

Bremser_Rules 08-13-2005 02:00 AM

Re: What is up with the pass blocking bug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I can't be the only one seeing this...

But multiple times in a game...a guard, tackle, or RB left in to block a DL will simply "stand there" and let a D lineman run right around them.

They even turn to face the D lineman, but never "engage".

I say this because I just watched my 89 rated Guard AND my tailback let a DT run by BOTH of them..without so much as a nudge.

It's disturbing because I see this kind of "WTF play" happen about 2-3 times a game.

I have seen it with my RB and I assumed it was a awareness rating issue. I really hate the DE pancakeing my OT and sacking me before I even get done with my drop!!

imdahman 08-13-2005 06:18 AM

Yeah... I'm starting to get annoyed with getting sacked a split second after the snap and having absolutely no time to throw the ball... I'm already bad enough without bugs working against me.

longhorn35 08-13-2005 10:21 AM

you guys do realize that sacks and tackles for loss happen in real life. Often times when these plays happen a couple of people miss their assignments. If everyone kept their assignment on every play then wheres the fun in that...

imdahman 08-13-2005 11:16 AM

Yes, we do know that tackles and sacks happen. But when they happen in 4 out of 5 plays, then it's a problem. It's not like i'm complaining that I'm not getting 30seconds to throw the ball, I'm complaining that i'm getting NO seconds to throw the ball and almost every play.

Stu 08-13-2005 11:19 AM

The only time I see a problem is when the opposing team is blitzing a lot and I don't have enough blockers to block everyone.

DukeFanatic0404 08-13-2005 11:36 AM

This is when the defense does line crashing by pushing L1 + right analog stick in any direction. It is somewhat of a glitch that allows the linemen to come in easily.

AuburnAlumni 08-13-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn35
you guys do realize that sacks and tackles for loss happen in real life. Often times when these plays happen a couple of people miss their assignments. If everyone kept their assignment on every play then wheres the fun in that...

Yeah...but this is totally different.

I'm talking the O lineman will simply stand there and stare RIGHT AT a guy coming at them...then they will actually follow them with their eyes as the guy runs right by without so much as a handshake.