Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is it the Madden "Curse"? (/forums/showthread.php?t=136981)

N51_rob 08-13-2005 03:46 PM

Is it the Madden "Curse"?

With all this turmoil that is circling around the eagles this off season and the injurie to pinkston. Could this be the curse comming for McNabb.

Jimplication 08-13-2005 03:50 PM

Re: Is it the Madden "Curse"?

There is no such thing as a Madden curse.

TO causing negative vibes on the team he plays for is nothing new, nor is Pinkston getting injured. The guy is a toothpick. Granted, he hasn't missed a game in years, but he also hasn't been taking a lot of hits either.

Brian_OS 08-13-2005 04:52 PM

No it isn't the madden curse.. It is an A-hole curse that is happening to them.

KillRoy 08-13-2005 05:43 PM

We can`t say its the Madden curse until Mcnabb gets injured. Then we can blame it on Madden. LOL!!

zephyr13 08-14-2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimplication
There is no such thing as a Madden curse.

I totally agree! There is no such thing as a curse! TO being his usual idiotic self is not a curse. That is the way he has always been.

Furthermore, a few coverboys in a row getting hurt is just coincidence. What about all the guys that were on the cover before the "CURSE" began? Why didn't anything happen to them?

Put your voodoo dolls and magic potions away before you hurt yourselves. Quit reading into trivial (and COINCIDENTAL) happenings.

:waytogo::jpshakehe;)

RaiderKtulu 08-14-2005 04:45 AM

Furthermore, a few coverboys in a row getting hurt is just coincidence. What about all the guys that were on the cover before the "CURSE" began? Why didn't anything happen to them? <-- The "curse" began with Madden 2001. All versions of Madden previous to that had John Madden on the cover. So, that's why nothing happened. (unless of course slowly going senile and becoming a worse and worse announcer counts)

Spills22 08-14-2005 08:00 AM

There is no curse. Nothing happened to Ray Lewis last year. TO is just a friggin idiot. He needs to go smoke some chronic with Ricky Williams to chill the f out. Nobody is interested in watching him do crunches with his shirt off while doing interviews. Thank the lord he is not on my team. I'm happy to see this happen to the Eagles as a Cowboy fan. Hopefully the whole team will suffer now and we might win against them.

southpaww 08-14-2005 12:15 PM

I thought Rex Grossman was on the cover this year.....;)