Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   the deep ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=137007)

zpq12 08-13-2005 06:11 PM

the deep ball

DOes anyone have any times on how to complete a good deep ball? I am a fairly acoomplished player but I can't seem to ever hit anyone in stride without the corner leaping up and backhanding the ball away. I spent an hour in practice mode with the Raiders today. Yes, I did read defenses correctly and waited for the single coverage waited until Moss had a good 3 yards on the corner. I threw early, I threw late, I threw a bullet, I threw a rainbow and everything in between. Every once in a while I would get a completion if Moss jumped up, but I want a catch in stride if I have the corner by 3 yards or so. Can anyone help me out here?

TheTruth916 08-13-2005 08:06 PM

Re: the deep ball

i have the same problem but, the CPU can complete them like nothing. I also would like some help.

kennyacid 08-13-2005 08:11 PM

try throwing bullets to the outside of the reciever. Lobbing the ball will only give the defender a chance to catch up. that seems to work for me.

Mrcabone 08-13-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpq12
DOes anyone have any times on how to complete a good deep ball? I am a fairly acoomplished player but I can't seem to ever hit anyone in stride without the corner leaping up and backhanding the ball away. I spent an hour in practice mode with the Raiders today. Yes, I did read defenses correctly and waited for the single coverage waited until Moss had a good 3 yards on the corner. I threw early, I threw late, I threw a bullet, I threw a rainbow and everything in between. Every once in a while I would get a completion if Moss jumped up, but I want a catch in stride if I have the corner by 3 yards or so. Can anyone help me out here?

That's my biggest problem with Madden is even when I have a step on the defender he's still able to catch up with me jump like Kobe and swat the ball away,I'm gonna try pump fakes to try and freeze the defender before I throw,but i doubt it helps.

KRS-One 08-13-2005 10:35 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this....I complete deep balls with about the regularity of a real NFL QB. If I send a good receiver on a streak, in single coverage, and throw a lob pass that leads him quite a bit he'll catch it on occasion. Other times the DB will swat it or my WR won't be able to catch up to it, but that happens sometimes in real life too. If you wanna complete every single deep bomb then you're out of luck.

kiz5 08-13-2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRS-One
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this....I complete deep balls with about the regularity of a real NFL QB. If I send a good receiver on a streak, in single coverage, and throw a lob pass that leads him quite a bit he'll catch it on occasion. Other times the DB will swat it or my WR won't be able to catch up to it, but that happens sometimes in real life too. If you wanna complete every single deep bomb then you're out of luck.

People in Madden complain about not being able to complete the deep ball.
People in NCAA complain about the deep ball being too easy.

...maybe everyone should switch games.

DTX3 08-14-2005 12:00 AM

I dont know how you guys throw the deep ball but after about 15 minutes of practice i managed to successfully complete deep passes by lobbing the ball while moving up to the line and using the precision by locating the ball high.