Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Where I think Madden is losing fan support..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=137130)

Meatball 08-14-2005 04:06 PM

Where I think Madden is losing fan support.....

I am only guessing....but people who are complaining about Madden don't really know the game of football. I don't think these kids know how to read a defense, check down receivers and so forth.

Yes Madden does have its glitches....but it really challenges your knowledge of football. You can multiple hot route every receiver you have.. but if the comp or opponent is in zone, it might not work in your favor. You might hot route right into the defensive coverage. Football is a chess match. That is what makes it the best game on earth.

It might not be the ultimate sim, but it is getting close. I saw one post where someone said they get sacked all the time. Well, if you drop back 15-20 yards to throw, it makes it easier for the ends to break free. The offensive tackles have to then release otherwise it will be a hold.

I beat the Raiders the other day by double-teaming Randy Moss all day and concentrating on stopping Jordan. I sent blitz packages on Kerry Collins every other play forcing him to "check down" on Porter.

A way to beat the Colts is play zone defense, but you have to play it right. Don't blitz Manning a lot or he will chew you up. It is stuff like this that might turn away the casual gamer and for that gamer to "jack up" the sliders. Watch the tutorials, they give a lot of info.

ehh 08-14-2005 04:09 PM

Re: Where I think Madden is losing fan support.....

I think they're losing fan support because they've put out essentially the exact same game for three years.

Also, defensive backs who can jump 10 yards backwards to swat down a pass has nothing to do with knowing the game of football.

lawdaddy 08-14-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh
I think they're losing fan support because they've put out essentially the exact same game for three years.

Also, defensive backs who can jump 10 yards backwards to swat down a pass has nothing to do with knowing the game of football.

My thoughts exactly.

I still enjoy Madden but it needs to be redone. I can't wait to see what the 360 version has to offer.

CaptainZombie 08-14-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh

My friend, they are called SUPER DB'S. LOL....

This is the curse of the "Madden Player" every year against the cpu. DB's should not be flying out of nowhere swatting balls the way they do. This has been a problem for years with Madden.

I wonder if I went through every single DB and adjusted some ratings if this would solve the problem.

Erv 08-14-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman56
My friend, they are called SUPER DB'S. LOL....

This is the curse of the "Madden Player" every year against the cpu. DB's should not be flying out of nowhere swatting balls the way they do. This has been a problem for years with Madden.

I wonder if I went through every single DB and adjusted some ratings if this would solve the problem.

I think EA has reached a good compromise with 06. Not too good(05) but not retarted(ncaa and espn).

Erratic 08-14-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh

Lol, this reply instantly destroyed jbubs post...

jmood88 08-14-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh

And the suction blocking really ruins a lot of things. I was playing against my friend and I was about to make a tackle when all of a sudden the guy I'm controlling goes in a completely different direction and gets sucked into a block which then allows my friend to gain a lot more yards.

CaptainZombie 08-14-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erratic
Lol, this reply instantly destroyed jbubs post...

I know. I love how people will defend a game with a good post and then they ruin their credibility with a statement that isn't intelligent.