Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs (/forums/showthread.php?t=137182)

Lebron 4 MVP 08-14-2005 10:07 PM

Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs

Is there anybody other then my that think the DB's in this have super abilites other then my. In this game DeAngelo Hall plays like Deion Sanders in the 92' season, and Allen Rossum is also a shut-down cornerback :spit: . I love this game but isn't this SUPPOSE to be the year of the Quarterback.

Nivek 08-14-2005 10:10 PM

Re: Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs

Nope, DB's are just fine.

TJdaSportsGuy 08-14-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek
Nope, DB's are just fine.

Couldn't agree more....and GREAT sig, by the way! :waytogo:

dano 08-14-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Couldn't agree more....and GREAT sig, by the way! :waytogo:

I tend to agree with the poster about DBs. I have hall, lito shepard and sean taylor in year 2. i am averaging only 7 points against in my franchise. teams cannot pass at all.

KRS-One 08-14-2005 10:38 PM

I don't have any problems, you might need to lower CPU knockdowns down to about 2 if you want to get rid of 48 inch vertical leaps at full speed while turning.

TJdaSportsGuy 08-14-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano
I tend to agree with the poster about DBs. I have hall, lito shepard and sean taylor in year 2. i am averaging only 7 points against in my franchise. teams cannot pass at all.

Try a harder skill level, or adjust the sliders.

I don't know, I've played a few games online, with no slider adjustments at all (that's how it is online), and I haven't had TOO tough a time throwing the ball, nor has it been easy stopping the other guy from doing it.

Just try some sliders or something...

Spanky 08-14-2005 10:50 PM

I have noticed DBs have great leaping ability and knock down a lot of passes.
But I'm OK with that, because the completion percentages and number of INTs are normal, unlike ESPN 2k5, in which completion pcts. were on the low side and INTs were ridiculously out of control, even with sliders adjusted to the bare minimum.
The only issue I'm having with the game, aside from the fact that graphics aren't quite as good as 2k5, is that it's virtually impossible to return punts because the cover team always seems to be in the returner's face before he even gets the ball. But I can live with that, since the passing and running games are realistic.

CaptainZombie 08-14-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanky
I have noticed DBs have great leaping ability and knock down a lot of passes.
But I'm OK with that, because the completion percentages and number of INTs are normal, unlike ESPN 2k5, in which completion pcts. were on the low side and INTs were ridiculously out of control, even with sliders adjusted to the bare minimum.
The only issue I'm having with the game, aside from the fact that graphics aren't quite as good as 2k5, is that it's virtually impossible to return punts because the cover team always seems to be in the returner's face before he even gets the ball. But I can live with that, since the passing and running games are realistic.

I was reading somewhere that there is a slider that could help with punt returns. When I find that thread, I'll post it here.