Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hiring Coaches, Not being the coach. (/forums/showthread.php?t=137244)

USCTrojan83 08-15-2005 11:19 AM

Hiring Coaches, Not being the coach.

I was thinking last night. In NCAA you more or less take the option of being the coach and continuing your career ala ESPN College Bball with more lucrative Job offers from others school of equal or better caliber. I dont mind this so much being the fact you can still pick your team and never change the coach for 50+ seasons.

But I want something a little more realistic. Something towards the MVP style where you can pick your Head Coach, Off coor, Def Coor, Weight room trainer, Off Line...etc So that you can improve your team by hiring new coaches if current ones leave for othr colleges or if you just want a change of coaching style and method. I am wondering why NCAA hasnt instituted this given that EA normally copies most of its features to its other sports games.

Or atleast have both options of style in the game.

1. For those who want to produce powerhouses and move on
2. For those who want to keep their powerhouses, and make them into a dynasty

aukevin 08-15-2005 11:38 AM

Re: Hiring Coaches, Not being the coach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
But I want something a little more realistic. Something towards the MVP style where you can pick your Head Coach, Off coor, Def Coor, Weight room trainer, Off Line...etc So that you can improve your team by hiring new coaches if current ones leave for othr colleges or if you just want a change of coaching style and method. I am wondering why NCAA hasnt instituted this given that EA normally copies most of its features to its other sports games.

yeah, this is what I've been waiting on for a while. I would like for you to have to hire a offensive coordinator and he comes with his own playbook. If you don't like that playbook, don't hire him. After you have some successful seasons, he would leave and now you have to find a new OC which would give you a new playbook. It would be a nice way to keep things fresh. I know after a few years in a dynasty I get tired of my playbook and start moving it around as I simulate a new OC.

dieselboy 08-15-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah, this is what I've been waiting on for a while. I would like for you to have to hire a offensive coordinator and he comes with his own playbook. If you don't like that playbook, don't hire him. After you have some successful seasons, he would leave and now you have to find a new OC which would give you a new playbook. It would be a nice way to keep things fresh. I know after a few years in a dynasty I get tired of my playbook and start moving it around as I simulate a new OC.

That would be an awesome addition.

Jucyfruit123 08-15-2005 12:17 PM

I think most people are looking for an "AD Mode" similar to Maddens Owner mode. So that you can hire coaches, upgrade build new stadiums ect.

This is the one thing that will make or break me buying a football game next year.

USCTrojan83 08-15-2005 12:28 PM

And knowing EA, im suprised they haven had this implemented into NCAA, yet. It seems the dynasty/owner modes are always similar in all EA games except for this. Hopefully the next gen game will have more goodies for a more realistic front office/AD type feel. Becuase I some gamers like to build a team from the ground up. I also know others that like to stay with the same teams for years and build it into a perennial powerhouse. Oh well. Tac it onto my wish list for 2007. :waytogo: