Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   i am getting my pass deflected a lot any tips? (/forums/showthread.php?t=137284)

jbmagic 08-15-2005 04:30 PM

i am getting my pass deflected a lot any tips?

i am getting my pass deflected a lot and making them incomplete.

any tips?

thanks

dales 08-15-2005 04:45 PM

Re: i am getting my pass deflected a lot any tips?

Well, one is to use precision passing to throw away from the defender.

The other option, if you're getting too many tips, is to turn down the knockdown slider for the CPU.

HardwoodHeisman 08-15-2005 04:47 PM

Manual Catching. If you perfect it, it is your best friend. Precision passing is great but if you can't make the play on your own, the CPU can still get the deflection.

Especially on deep balls. You have to know how to put your receiver in place to do the jump ball animation. If done right, he not only jumps but also puts his body in a position to where only HE can catch the pass.

Brandwin 08-15-2005 04:48 PM

I agree manual catch is a PLUS!

jbmagic 08-15-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales
Well, one is to use precision passing to throw away from the defender.

The other option, if you're getting too many tips, is to turn down the knockdown slider for the CPU.

its mostly the defender guarding my WR, TE, Rb, FB that are deflecting it.

jbmagic 08-15-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwoodHeisman
Manual Catching. If you perfect it, it is your best friend. Precision passing is great but if you can't make the play on your own, the CPU can still get the deflection.

Especially on deep balls. You have to know how to put your receiver in place to do the jump ball animation. If done right, he not only jumps but also puts his body in a position to where only HE can catch the pass.

any tips in manual catching it?

thanks

HardwoodHeisman 08-15-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
any tips in manual catching it?

thanks

Hmmmm....I'd say the main thing is timing. You have to know which way your guy will jump and move. Like on PS2, pressing the D-Pad right&up together with triangle will make him jump up to the right, sort of bodying the CB. Same thing if you press the D-Pad left button&up and triangle. I've been doing manual catch in Football games since forever so its so normal to me. I don't even feel right letting the CPU catch a pass.

I'd recommend going into the Catch Ball drill with a WR with speed. Just get used to making the play on your own and then practice it. After you've done good with a speedy WR, try some of the slower ones or even better, try it with a TE.

**I'm not seeing the Catch Ball drill in the normal Mini Games so you may have to go into Franchise mode just to practice it for a bit.