Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Would You Recommend Waiting For 360? (/forums/showthread.php?t=137339)

jjoe 08-15-2005 08:22 PM

Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

I'm thinking about getting Madden, but don't know if it would be smarter to just wait for the 360 version.

Brandwin 08-15-2005 08:29 PM

Re: Would You Recommend Waiting For 360?

No,. because other then graphics..I dont think a whole lot is going to change. Although I could be wrong.

mavsman27 08-15-2005 08:32 PM

Heres what you should do: (keep in mind I am an objective gamer who has played both 2k5 and Madden 06 extensively)

1) Buy NFL 2k5 if you don't already have it (7.99 used at most)

2) Buy Action Replay ($30).

3) Dowload noplace's 2k6 rosters (takes 2min tops- rosters are 95% accurate up to the last few days)

4) Play franchise mode or online for countless hours of fun. (All for less than Madden's $50 price tag!)

Only when you secure your very own XBOX 360 would I even consider picking up Madden 06.

Your welcome. BTW you can keep the $12 you saved.

MVPlaya 08-15-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DookieMowf
No,. because other then graphics..I dont think a whole lot is going to change. Although I could be wrong.

This needs to stop, everyone is saying this over and over again, it might not be much of a difference. I'm not attacking you, I just think there needs to be some huge announcemnt that...

Madden 360 will have a new game engine. If you are looking to save money...you can just wait till Madden 360 comes out, and there you will most likely have your best bet.

And the "better graphics" is not being taken seriously enough. Do you not remember how big the enhancements were from..atari to nintendo? Then a minor upgrade to Super Nintendo? THEN the generation of Nintendo 64 and Playstation? Then now Playstaion 2 and XBox? Now everyone is just looking at XBOX 360 and PS3 like...oh...just an upgrade in graphics. Seriously, it's more than that. Would you want to go back to your Playstation if a game had better gameplay? Seriously?

Most people don't know how good Madden graphics are on PC...here...

So yeah...just wait if you want to save money.

You can buy NFL 2k5 if you want and do that...but I think you lookin to just get one game.

ultramag7 08-15-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjoe
I'm thinking about getting Madden, but don't know if it would be smarter to just wait for the 360 version.

at this point if you haven't bought it YES!!!! 05 is 06 with just a few additions and a roster update!!! lets hope 360 knock our cocks off!!!!

Brandwin 08-15-2005 08:57 PM

MVP thats true. Better graphics, more animations etc..the game should be better on 360. I know im getting it for 360 as well.

Bat 08-15-2005 08:59 PM

Well you waited so far might as well. ALthough I think this is the best Madden yet... and typically first yeart sports games for a new system are not that good... Obviously that can change.. but usually takes a year to get the AI and bugs worked out ... Usually first next gen games are easy... and are nothing more than eye candy.. I hope im wrong, I am getting both..unless something comes out saying how terrible the game play in the 360 version is.

RoyalBoyle78 08-15-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat9th
Well you waited so far might as well. ALthough I think this is the best Madden yet... and typically first yeart sports games for a new system are not that good... Obviously that can change.. but usually takes a year to get the AI and bugs worked out ... Usually first next gen games are easy... and are nothing more than eye candy.. I hope im wrong, I am getting both..unless something comes out saying how terrible the game play in the 360 version is.

I have to agree with you, Madden is very good this year :waytogo: