Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Did anyone fix the CPU interception isssue? (/forums/showthread.php?t=137699)

inkcil 08-17-2005 09:31 PM

Did anyone fix the CPU interception isssue?

You know, how the CPU throws sooo many pics, both in human and CPU vs. CPU games. I see a lot of people talking about how this either was fixed or is fixable, but I haven't run across any slider addressing it. Is it addressed in someone's Roster file? Thanks!

NickChew 08-18-2005 12:32 AM

Re: Did anyone fix the CPU interception isssue?

Sliders won't do it for ya. Here's a link to a topic I just posted on today in the roster forum...

CPU INT post

Graphik 08-18-2005 10:23 AM

Meh....I dont know if I'm just lucky but the cpu does'nt throw to many picks against me whatsoever. In fact, I played 2 games last night in my Titans chise. One against GB and the other against the Texans. Here are the QB stats.

Farve went 12-18 for 63%, 187 yards, 1 TD pass and 1 INT.

He only threw that one INT in Green Bays first drive. They worked their way into my redzone and got all the way to the 5 yard line. I held them to 3rd down and long and Farve went with a 5 WR set and no HB so I played a Dime defense, Strong 3. So that means the endzone will be crowded with ppl. When he threw the ball my guys were all over it. In fact, my best CB came up with the pick in the endzone for a touchback.
At the end of the first half, Farve was 5-10 and he went 7-8 in the second half with no INTs thrown and 1 TD.

Next game against the Texans. Carr was actually leading the leeague with TDs thown(9), passing yards(1100+) so I came into the game prepared for passes. Unlike the GB game, I did'nt have a superstar RB to worry about but they did use him often to open up the passing attack.

Anyway, in the first half, Carr went 6-11 with only 160 yards and he threw 1 INT. Next half, we completely shut they're offense down and he finished the game 9-27 with 3 picks. 2 of the picks I got, I credit to good play calling. The first one I knew he was going inside so I called my DBs to the inside. The result was a pick. The second one was on a deep ball and my SS timed a perfect jump to take it out the air. If he missed the ball, the WR would of had paydirt. My QB, McNair finished with one INT.

One thing I'm starting to notice the more I play is that the better the QB I face, the more success they have. So far the best QB performances against me have come from Bret Farve and Peyton Manning as they both lit me up and plus they had a RB who could throw my play calling off. The weakest performances came from the Chargers Drew Brees and the Texans Carr. The Texans is the last game I played. Every other QB has been adverage. The more I play this game, the more I see the ratings matter. All I see is ppl saying the cpu throws alot of INTs and whatever. Well, I'm just not seeing it fellas. Maybe the better I get, the more INTs thrown but for the most part, I think ppl need to play more and test less. By testing, I mean just playing a half or a quater. Which brings me to my next point.

I'm not to sure, but it seems like in each game I've played, the cpu QB will have one good half and one bad half. Farve going 5-10 in the first half had me thinking. Then he knocked those thoughts out of my head when he went 7-8 next half and it seemed like his guys had stick-um on they're gloves. But to debate this, Manning killed me the entire game. From the opening whistle to the final whistle. He never had more than 2 consecutive incompletions. So I dont know.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you guys. BTW, I have'nt edited any rosters and I'm actually playing with the default rosters. I forgot to write down my slider setting though. I got them from somewhere here but I cant remember.

shishka55 08-18-2005 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkcil
You know, how the CPU throws sooo many pics, both in human and CPU vs. CPU games. I see a lot of people talking about how this either was fixed or is fixable, but I haven't run across any slider addressing it. Is it addressed in someone's Roster file? Thanks!

I fixed them on mine pretty good. I used Finn's to globally lower all CB and Safety catch ratings to 10. Then use aggressiveness to determine likelyness to go after an interception or knockdown/give a big hit. For example, a gambler such as Dre Bly would have high aggressiveness because he would always try to go for the ball rather than breaking up the play. He would have more interceptions but also give up more big plays. Donavan Darius would have low aggressiveness so that he would layout big hits on the guy catching the ball or simply go for a knock down.

baa7 08-18-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishka55
I fixed them on mine pretty good. I used Finn's to globally lower all CB and Safety catch ratings to 10.

That's all you need -- works like a charm ;)

rudyjuly2 08-18-2005 12:53 PM

I don't believe you should have to edit all defensive players to make them either brain dead or have hands of stone to stop all the INTs. It still doesn't solve the issue of terrible QB decision making no matter who the QB is. I've tried everything (sliders, QB edits) but this is a hard coded programming issue due to them trying to get the QB to throw the ball down the field unlike previous versions where they threw short all the time (but at least intelligently).

I know some of you think its fine but a lot of us don't. You can tell that by how many people are actually switching back to 2K4 because they feel it was a better game.

burnt_secondary 08-18-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't believe you should have to edit all defensive players to make them either brain dead or have hands of stone to stop all the INTs. It still doesn't solve the issue of terrible QB decision making no matter who the QB is. I've tried everything (sliders, QB edits) but this is a hard coded programming issue due to them trying to get the QB to throw the ball down the field unlike previous versions where they threw short all the time (but at least intelligently).

I know some of you think its fine but a lot of us don't. You can tell that by how many people are actually switching back to 2K4 because they feel it was a better game.

It's not too hard to edit with Finns editor, if you don't have action replay I understand your delema but I downloaded Chews latest rosters and it took care of the problem. (Maybe a little too well, I think I should get a few more, but anyway I haven't had the interseption issue since I switched to his rosters.)

Again to use those rosters you would need Action Replay and an Xbox.

rudyjuly2 08-18-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt_secondary
Again to use those rosters you would need Action Replay and an Xbox.

I have a PS2 and can't use the editor. I'm still not convinced that is the solution. Making all the defenders terrible against the pass can balance it out but when I play and see QBs just force the ball into triple coverage, I just shake my head. I've said my peace on this one. I plan on picking up 2K4 again rather than be frustrated with 2K5 anymore. I'm really enjoying NCAA 2006 right now anyways.