Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Changing player position (/forums/showthread.php?t=138146)

MidnightPyro 08-20-2005 10:11 PM

Changing player position

I know this was possible last year to actually change a player's position (not just on the depth chart, actually change their position.) Is this possible this year, or did they take it out or something?

Cyros 08-20-2005 10:16 PM

Re: Changing player position

Still possible, just can't do it if it puts you below the minimum players required at the position.

MidnightPyro 08-20-2005 10:23 PM

For the life of me, I can't find the option. Where exactly is it, and is it limited to a particular time of the season?

rac 08-20-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightPyro
For the life of me, I can't find the option. Where exactly is it, and is it limited to a particular time of the season?

First you have to go to view rosters, then edit the player you want to switch and you will be able to switch their position if their are enough players left on your team that play the same position. Hope that makes sense.

liftheavy 08-20-2005 11:01 PM

i know you can't change a de to a olb

The Chef 08-21-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liftheavy
i know you can't change a de to a olb

Well it worked for me atleast, I changed Andre Carter to OLB from DE after changing him to DE when I was thinking about running the 4-3 with the Niners and then upon changing my mind I switched him back and it worked fine. Are you sure you have more then the minimum at DE already on your roster? If you only have the minimum, the game wont let you change it since it will put you below the minimum needed for that position.

liftheavy 08-21-2005 12:39 AM

Ya I use the raiders and I have 3 rde and i try to put brayton at lolb and it will only let me put him at mlb. I have tried everything.

rac 08-21-2005 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimping219
Well it worked for me atleast, I changed Andre Carter to OLB from DE after changing him to DE when I was thinking about running the 4-3 with the Niners and then upon changing my mind I switched him back and it worked fine. Are you sure you have more then the minimum at DE already on your roster? If you only have the minimum, the game wont let you change it since it will put you below the minimum needed for that position.

I think you can only change a DE to OLB if OLB was their previous position before you changed them to a DE.