Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Someone Check into This (/forums/showthread.php?t=138462)

xrob 08-23-2005 02:14 PM

Someone Check into This

Someone should really see if edits are causing lock-ups or just CAPs/overwriting existing players. I don't think its both. So someone should step up and figure out the problem.

Just one person create a roster with just edits and see if it freezes in franchise.

And another file with all rookies and overwritten players to the max but with no edits.

I believe 1 of these 2 things are causing the lockups.

Rickster101 08-23-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Someone Check into This

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrob
Someone should really see if edits are causing lock-ups or just CAPs/overwriting existing players. I don't think its both. So someone should step up and figure out the problem.

Just one person create a roster with just edits and see if it freezes in franchise.

And another file with all rookies and overwritten players to the max but with no edits.

I believe 1 of these 2 things are causing the lockups.

Well yes and no I hate to differ with you bro and I'm not really but check this out and I'm sure you're aware of this already...you know what the stock player files are and you should also be aware of the fact that there are only a certain number of files delegated to them.

Stock files are what the cpu uses to generate players basically rookies for its Franchise that uses that stock data base if you create and go over the number of players designated for its use in the Franchise mode and use up or deplete that stock base then you will not have enough players generated for rookies or any other type of player as in editing names...can't do anymore because you've used them all up!!!

The well has run dry my bro and since you've created/edited oh say at least 160 then you're SOL I hit that mark and could not re-name one single player.

They played fine but as far as getting in names no can do...the well has run dry my friend.

Now Noplaces first roster file had something like 120 plus rookies and at that time it did not freeze until more were added aside from ratings which IMO is a Cap Room issue and the cpu is more then capable of figuring out issues of that nature after all its a "Number" cruncher and does just that...crunchs the numbers.

No.1 issue in regards to freezes IMO is due to the fact that too many players have been created and over used not rating edits themselves...you'd screw up that Cap Room but the cpu lets you manage money for players and haggle contracts but if you've created/edited one two many a player then expect a very cold season because you my friend will be "Froze" out of the Franchise.

Thats my opinion and I've observed most of the files here and that seems to be the comon denominator linking them all and since they've or most of them were based off of Noplaces file they all have this issue...now his older roster files and more then likely his first would be the one to work off of just check out Rockys based off Noplaces ealier roster file..."IT DOES NOT FREEZE" by now Noplace has seen his error in creating them and I'm sure will come out with a more edit/create friendly file...ready to drop anyday now!!!

And further more its been runored that perhaps the edito has issues itself well I don't believe that I think its what you'd call "operator error" by the roster maker in simply creating one two many players and depleting those stock files becaue it only happens when you need more plyers for the Franchise and simply put again..."That well has run dry"!!!

The "safe" number to edit/create I'm observing is between 120 to 130 Rockys at about 120 with no freeze so his are safe I've managed a 3 year Franchise for testing and its up and going for testing still needs updates.

DreadedSteelers have quite a few (rookies) with nice edits and are over 100 he was careful as not to touch that number of over created/edited players and are at a "Safe" number how many exactly I forgot but its up there!!!

Alot depends on what you're lookin' for if Franchise mode isn't your focus to get into the Franchise then create/edit away, if you want to get there watch your created/edited plays or you'll don't deplete the "stock" files and run into freezes because again..."The well has run dry"!!!

I hope this explaination makes sense from my testing and obsevations and if you think about it and observe things you're doing and the number of players created/edited you should be fine...but credit Noplace for hitting that freeze mark because if he hadn't done it we'd be scrambling around and lost trying to figure out this issue and I'm gonna take a lot for myself because I knew this was gonna happen but nobody listened well it may not be too late because now you know how to go about it and "Git er' done", use a little patience and common sense!!!

Holla Back y'all :y220b: :y11:
Rickster101

NickChew 08-23-2005 05:08 PM

:y11: I know my version 2 roster set only had enough rookies to fill the CAP list. What is it...like 47 or something?

And they have locked up in franchise numerous times for some, including myself. I would say about 95% of the time they lock up during the draft.

Now if I have time, I think what I am going to do tonight is take the roster posted by DreadedSteeler and apply my edits and see what happens. There is still something strange going on here I think. I must find out exactly why!...its driving me insane...lol

Rickster101 08-23-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickChew
:y11: I know my version 2 roster set only had enough rookies to fill the CAP list. What is it...like 47 or something?

And they have locked up in franchise numerous times for some, including myself. I would say about 95% of the time they lock up during the draft.

Now if I have time, I think what I am going to do tonight is take the roster posted by DreadedSteeler and apply my edits and see what happens. There is still something strange going on here I think. I must find out exactly why!...its driving me insane...lol

I never ran it through the Franchise seeing I thought your intentions were focused on just exhibition play but I'll see what they do.

Rickster101

Rickster101 08-23-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

I don't know what you're seeing but I simmd up to 2007 and I'm at the "Draft" looking over some prospects to draft...it fine so far and no freezing here bro its all good and I only simmed up to 2006 the rest I went into the off-season screen and everything is normal ...I love going into the "Draft" room and looking at the "Big Board" with its info scrolling and the atmospher is like actually being there!!!

Rickster101

NickChew 08-23-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickster101
I don't know what you're seeing but I simmd up to 2007 and I'm at the "Draft" looking over some prospects to draft...it fine so far and no freezing here bro its all good and I only simmed up to 2006 the rest I went into the off-season screen and everything is normal ...
Rickster101

lol.....Yea they just froze on me again during the 1st off season draft :signball: I have never gotten it to work.

Oh well, back to work on v3...

Rickster101 08-23-2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

lol.....Yea they just froze on me again during the 1st off season draft :signball: I have never gotten it to work.

Oh well, back to work on v3...

Check your file NickChew,sounds like you're using a test roster or one of your beta files because this one I'm testing is the ver.2 but I'm gonna check to be sure because you're scaring me and its your roster file that works for me and not you...thats crazy you made this but I might have edited something because I was doing updates waiting like forever on yours (j/k),let me check my notes and get back to you....I'm gettin' a call from that "THECRIB" feature...gotta go!!!

Sometime later....

Just ran a few quick sims and found nothing odd or unusal and but this was only simulation on my end and the roster file has gone up,through and over the off-season....and its good!!!

I've been to the "COMBINE" looked at some things,nice,nice ok the board or that is "THEBOARD" everything fine there next up the "NFL DRAFT"...selected take me to the NFL Draft"...no problem there navigating around abit checking player info and I'm on the clock with about...lets see 2:00 minutes to make my pick...made 3 picks and decided to let CPU complete Draft...done the CPU processed those "Stock" files for rookies in about 5-7 sec. no problem.

No problem for me but why you can't do this is beyond me perhaps the few edits/updates I did changed something because my version of your roster file version 2 works fine and I've done this over and over testing and playing all kinds of different options including "GAMECAST" in the Franchise mode....my suggestion bro check your file again and I'll check mine,this can't be happening mine works!!!

Holla Back y'all :y220b::y11:
Rickster101

Bondra12 08-23-2005 08:31 PM

I just test a franchise with default rosters and every player in the league edited down to zero to all attributes in Finn's editor. I simmed the season and I manually did the draft but had no freezing. I don't think the editing of player attributes has anything to due with the freezing.