Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Roethlisberger Gets no Respect from Madden 2006 (/forums/showthread.php?t=138479)

Matt Diesel 08-23-2005 04:18 PM

Roethlisberger Gets no Respect from Madden 2006

At least, according to the Post Gazette article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05235/558374.stm

I am not even gonna comment on this right now....

Make sure you check out the provided graphic in the article to see who is ahead of him.

Graphik 08-23-2005 04:22 PM

Re: Roethlisberger Gets no Respect from Madden 2006

LOL, Big Ben is second in the L with INTs thown in my boys franchise.

Mxracer23x 08-23-2005 04:27 PM

i think hes rated fine. he played a trent dilfer role.. its that simple and theres no reason to rate him as a top qb.

DickDalewood 08-23-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mddst34
At least, according to the Post Gazette article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05235/558374.stm

I am not even gonna comment on this right now....

Make sure you check out the provided graphic in the article to see who is ahead of him.

So what's the point. He should be rated about 12th in the league. He had one decent season, great by rookie standards, but otherwise decent. He threw too many picks, and he still, on occasion, makes some dumb young mistakes. What more do you expect?

Better quarterbacks right now (no particular order):

Vick
Favre
Culpepper
Manning
Brees
Pennington
McNabb
Brooks
Chad Hutchinson (kidding)
Hasselbeck
Green
Bledsoe
Brady
McNair

Others to consider:
Leftwich
Delhomme
Bulger
Collins
Carr
Warner (maybe - depending on how he plays this year)

There's 12 right there, plus a few extras that some may consider. Anyway, I'm just saying, you can't go throwing the respect card around after one season. Let him establish himself, put up some more numbers, and then, if he's still getting the shaft, I might understand the complaints.

spacefunk 08-23-2005 05:07 PM

The way he played in the playoffs and so far this preseason, maybe they're right.

yahoo.com 08-23-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrunwithVick
i think hes rated fine. he played a trent dilfer role.. its that simple and theres no reason to rate him as a top qb.

thank u, thank u, thank u, finally someone said it. don't get me wrong, he is gonna end up being one of the best(IMO) But last year in the steel city was all about the running game and a defense that NO ONE wanted to face. I seriously hate it when announcers and fans act as though one player (who opposing coaches don't even gameplan against) makes all the difference. i call this the derek jeter syndrome. i'm a native new yorker and i hate that guy, sorry had to say it, couldn't help myself

Matt Diesel 08-23-2005 05:19 PM

His QB rating in the post season last year was 61.3.

He is good,great in terms of being a rookie last year; just not better than those listed ahead of him. I think he is actually rated where he should be, if not a little higher.

Where is the disrespect?

kennyacid 08-23-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yahoo.com
i call this the derek jeter syndrome. i'm a native new yorker and i hate that guy, sorry had to say it, couldn't help myself

LOL im from the BX and i cant stand him either