Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New move/animation? (/forums/showthread.php?t=138634)

Brandonb_43 08-24-2005 06:47 PM

New move/animation?

I think I've seen a new move/animation yesterday playing with the redskins. I was running w/ Clinton Portis to the outside to the right side of the field. I was holding down A (Sprint), and UP/RIGHT on the left analog and i hit L (left juke) i think I pulled it down halfway and he did a fast spin in the direction he was running. Not the usual slow drawn out spin u get when u push B, but it was a fast, smooth spin and he kept on running. I will do more testing when I get home tonight to see if it is indeed a new move. Has anyone else seen this before?

Tikerz 08-24-2005 07:47 PM

Re: New move/animation?

Yeah, I've seen this too. I didn't think anything of it because I thought it was a just missed tackle animation, but now that you mention it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonb_43
I think I've seen a new move/animation yesterday playing with the redskins. I was running w/ Clinton Portis to the outside to the right side of the field. I was holding down A (Sprint), and UP/RIGHT on the left analog and i hit L (left juke) i think I pulled it down halfway and he did a fast spin in the direction he was running. Not the usual slow drawn out spin u get when u push B, but it was a fast, smooth spin and he kept on running. I will do more testing when I get home tonight to see if it is indeed a new move. Has anyone else seen this before?

Brandonb_43 08-25-2005 06:13 AM

I knew I wasn't crazy, when I get home tonight gonna test this out on the practice field. What buttons did u press? U on xbox or ps2, I'm on xbox btw.

shugknight 08-25-2005 01:22 PM

I think EA this year has setup new animations this year when you press any of the special evade buttons. It all depends on timing and pressing a button at the right moment.

For instance, your running the ball, then press the juke button, but instead of doing the juke, he does a spin away from the defender. But you didnt press the spin button.

Theres also other animations such as the superman dive, where your offensive player ducks underneath a would-be tackler and the tackler goes flying over him.

You can achieve these by simply pressing any evade buttons right when your about to get tackled.

DocHolliday 08-25-2005 01:34 PM

I find that jaming on the "y" button is very efective in getting missed tackle animations. And you dont fumble like with the truck stick.

adub88 08-25-2005 02:57 PM

how do you do this move on the ps2?

Methlab 08-26-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I find that jaming on the "y" button is very efective in getting missed tackle animations. And you dont fumble like with the truck stick.

yep..that does it for me.

bcruise 08-26-2005 12:16 AM

I see a bunch of different animations when I turn down the tackling slider (see PM's low awareness sliders), including the one you just mentioned. I really don't think there's any sort of trick to doing them, but you never know. (because nobody tells us..... :D)