Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *Official* playbook thread. (/forums/showthread.php?t=138662)

HMcCoy 08-24-2005 10:04 PM

*Official* playbook thread.

Ok guys, its time to update the NFL playbooks based on new coaches and coordinators. Once this is completed we can have a single thread for D/L'ing new team books, or at least a quick reference page.

I'll start off with the Brownies....

First, with Mo Carthon as the new O-coordinator, I used the Dallas playbook as the base book. Because Terry Robiskie is still on board, I also left a few Browns plays from last year, and added 3 nifty plays from the Pats book.

Defensively, the Dallas book also works well because it features both the 4-3 and the 3-4. The new D-coordinator is Todd Grantham, a former Texans assistant, and of course Crennel is also going to import a few of the Pats schemes...so for the D, I imported about 10 or so plays from both the Texans and the Pats books.

I'll post a downloadable version in a couple days.

Feel free to create a team book based on new coordinators and post it here!!!! :59:

Rickster101 08-24-2005 10:51 PM

Re: *Official* playbook thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Ok guys, its time to update the NFL playbooks based on new coaches and coordinators. Once this is completed we can have a single thread for D/L'ing new team books, or at least a quick reference page.

I'll start off with the Brownies....

First, with Mo Carthon as the new O-coordinator, I used the Dallas playbook as the base book. Because Terry Robiskie is still on board, I also left a few Browns plays from last year, and added 3 nifty plays from the Pats book.

Defensively, the Dallas book also works well because it features both the 4-3 and the 3-4. The new D-coordinator is Todd Grantham, a former Texans assistant, and of course Crennel is also going to import a few of the Pats schemes...so for the D, I imported about 10 or so plays from both the Texans and the Pats books.

I'll post a downloadable version in a couple days.

Feel free to create a team book based on new coordinators and post it here!!!! :59:

Somehow I'm gettin' that felling of being called out on this one and you set this all up...starting off with the Browns tipped your hand my friend,so from what I'm reading here you've combined these plays into a hybrid 3-4 with the option to pull up plays using Dallas 4-3 right sounds interesting I remember when that defense presented a challenge.

I always did like the Cowboys offensive schemes which I think includes alot of Pro set and single back formations last I looked very flexable and very adaptable I could get use to it and the Brownies sure could use an infusion but my fears still lie with that O-line...I'm shell shocked from years of Davis and his ignoring this issue every year that line always stuggled under him.

I'm game for some fresh new schemes its about time my Browns have been suffering for too long....I want those playbook files...ugh I hope its not layden with too many shot gun formations you know we'd or that is I know they should feature the power run game more but with that lines years of decline neglect and other issues its been difficuilt to say the least and now with a proven back onboard that o-lines production becomes even more important then theres the kid Edwards bring his "A" game I hope to what should be something to build on and getting rid of Davis was the best thing that could have happen to them...looking forward to the new playbooks.

Holla Back y'all :y220b::y11:
Rickster101

NickChew 08-25-2005 01:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
What the heck, I'll post these in here as well...

I completed a Browns (whats with all the Browns people coming out of the woodwork now?! lol) playbook over last weekend that I've had for testing on my site as well.
I took a bit different approach to it, as it is started from scratch. Focusing on a variety of formations, but giving the user and cpu more options out of each formation. So hopefully some more flexible gameplay when used by the cpu.
For Cleveland I used a lot of pro formation, with some 2TE sets here and there. Just a few shotgun, but most of the passing game is set in doubles, triple and quads/trips. And then a ton of 3-4 calls on D, basically using the Patriots defense. The Pats are really the only team with some unique 3-4 calls, otherwise the majority of the 3-4 playbooks are the same throughout the game.

I'll also post the Indy one I did awhile back for testing. Might not be quite as complete though.

CaptainZombie 08-25-2005 09:07 AM

I'll work on getting a 49ers playbook created by the end of the weekend.

Pratt75 08-25-2005 09:30 AM

Can you incorporate these playbooks you guys are creating into to an existing franchise?

BuckeyeBoyd 08-25-2005 07:27 PM

Yep.

Pratt75 08-25-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyd
Yep.

Thank you but is it just for your team or can you give the whole league new playbooks?

HMcCoy 08-25-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pratt75
Thank you but is it just for your team or can you give the whole league new playbooks?

You can adjust both home and away playbooks by accessing the option menu from the controller select screen. Just press Y and assign any loaded playbook. :waytogo: