Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I got owned! (/forums/showthread.php?t=138689)

Altimus 08-25-2005 02:38 AM

I got owned!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a rule that a game cannot end on a penalty?

Anyway here is the scenerio. I am down by a touch down, 3rd down with 5 seconds left and I am in the red zone. I am the Bears and I am playing the Packers.

I roll left with Jeff Blake, see Bradley seperating from his DB. I throw it up there, switch to Bradley and then the DB catches up to me, bumps into me but I jump above him and make the catch for the TD. Now hold on, flag goes flying. At first I thought it was defensive pass interference but nope, it's offensive! The computer had two options, accept and 3rd and 20 or decline and extra point. They accept and the gun sound plays and everyone starts walking on the field. Game over.

RGmoney 08-25-2005 02:48 AM

Re: I got owned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8027
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a rule that a game cannot end on a penalty?

Anyway here is the scenerio. I am down by a touch down, 3rd down with 5 seconds left and I am in the red zone. I am the Bears and I am playing the Packers.

I roll left with Jeff Blake, see Bradley seperating from his DB. I throw it up there, switch to Bradley and then the DB catches up to me, bumps into me but I jump above him and make the catch for the TD. Now hold on, flag goes flying. At first I thought it was defensive pass interference but nope, it's offensive! The computer had two options, accept and 3rd and 20 or decline and extra point. They accept and the gun sound plays and everyone starts walking on the field. Game over.

NFL.com Rule Book: HERE

DTX3 08-25-2005 03:36 AM

Yup hes right....you didnt get cheated out you got owned. Must of been a hell of a game though. :)

t_diddy 08-25-2005 08:55 AM

The game can't end on a defensive penalty. You lost fair and square.

ZigZagMan 08-25-2005 03:09 PM

"The game can't end on a defensive penalty. You lost fair and square."

He speaks the truth.

Altimus 08-26-2005 02:45 AM

I don't know about fair. I still disagree though they it was offensive pass interference when he bumped into me! lol

Klue516 08-26-2005 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8027
I don't know about fair. I still disagree though they it was offensive pass interference when he bumped into me! lol

Just accept it where it hurts and move on!

brewcity 08-26-2005 05:43 AM

Good to hear; go packers! lol