Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   lets talk Madden 360 folks! (/forums/showthread.php?t=138759)

ofdman 08-25-2005 02:55 PM

lets talk Madden 360 folks!

anyone got any news?? I'm tired of Madden Xbox or PS2.

I WANNA GIBBERGABBER ABOUT MADDEN 360!!!!!!!! :waytogo:

quietcool72 08-25-2005 03:25 PM

Re: lets talk Madden 360 folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ofdman
anyone got any news?? I'm tired of Madden Xbox or PS2.

I WANNA GIBBERGABBER ABOUT MADDEN 360!!!!!!!! :waytogo:

I'd love to talk about it. However, it appears EA doesn't want to do that just yet. They dont' want to detract attention from people buying the current gen one (and getting one last big year out of current gen) before they release enough to make some people think "Heck, I'll wait for that one."

Its textbook marketing.

However, I wonder as the heat and fervor around the problems with Madden 2006 continue to fester, perhaps EA will start dropping some Madden 2006 360 info in the coming weeks to help deflect a bit. I hope so.

We really don't have much to go on right now- the current screens as captured from the NFL network show something completely different from that Next Gen commercial from the draft. (EA said as much though... I like the new pictures better, and they said we probably would.)

The big questionmarks are what features will carry over?

Will the cone be there? Superstar? All the pre-snap stuff on offense and defense (minus "the problem"...), what about online franchises?, etc?

We don't have much to go on. But that should change within the next couple months. You KNOW they'll pimp the 360 game out during the real NFL season during games.

I have a feeling it will be good. Two mega-companies have a vested interest in this game being awesome. (Microsoft and EA both.)

It had better be, but I always worry about the first release with new development kits of any new next gen system.

ofdman 08-25-2005 03:55 PM

new screens from nfl network???

could you point me to them?

I havent been able to find anything other than the pre-rendered stuff.

Thanks for any info!

KBomber 08-25-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietcool72
I have a feeling it will be good. Two mega-companies have a vested interest in this game being awesome. (Microsoft and EA both.)

It had better be, but I always worry about the first release with new development kits of any new next gen system.

As a note the early word from developers is that they love working on the 360 and aren't so in love with programming for the PS3 -- I think that was actually posted on these boards somewhere

Have fun..............

MVPlaya 08-25-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBomber
As a note the early word from developers is that they love working on the 360 and aren't so in love with programming for the PS3 -- I think that was actually posted on these boards somewhere

Have fun..............

Could you go into furthur detail with "programming for the PS3"?

coogrfan 08-25-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ofdman
new screens from nfl network???

could you point me to them?

I havent been able to find anything other than the pre-rendered stuff.

Thanks for any info!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1590

"Next Gen NFL Spot" is the one you want, this is a brief clip from a show on the NFL Network about Madden 06.

ofdman 08-25-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coogrfan
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1590

"Next Gen NFL Spot" is the one you want, this is a brief clip from a show on the NFL Network about Madden 06.

Thanks!!

ballaholics 08-25-2005 07:00 PM

My attention is fully focused on the 360 as well. I traded away by Xbox and all my games towards a 360 pre-order after i found out about the glitch.

I hope we get some more in-depth talk about Madden on 360, and more importantly, i hope for no glitches.